Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Olympic hockey (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13307)

Apoc 02-22-2010 12:46 PM

It does come down to one thing though, you guys beat us, and to that, I say Congratulations!

But you guys did play horribly, most of the game, but were smart enough to take advantage of perfection in your own net, and failure in ours!

I do feel bad for the heat Brodeur is getting today though, he didnt put himself in net, his coach did.

marko138 02-22-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 339868)
It does come down to one thing though, you guys beat us, and to that, I say Congratulations!

But you guys did play horribly, most of the game, but were smart enough to take advantage of perfection in your own net, and failure in ours!

I do feel bad for the heat Brodeur is getting today though, he didnt put himself in net, his coach did.

Didn't put himself in the net? You think he woulda chose to sit if he was given the choice?

Rider 02-22-2010 12:51 PM

So the top 4 are US, Russia, Sweden and ???? There is a 2 way tie for 4th but I don't know what the tie breaker is. Finland and Czech Republic both have 6 points.

Apoc 02-22-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 339871)
Didn't put himself in the net? You think he woulda chose to sit if he was given the choice?

Ever play hockey dude?

You dont say no. You say 'You got it, coach'.. Kinda like the military. You can blame a player, and they often deserve it, but the coach should have pulled him after the second goal. It was obvious from the start he wasnt on his game.

When brodeur is on fire, he cant be beaten. But you can tell if he's having a good game or not within minutes of the game starting. And within 10 minutes, it was obvious it wasnt his night.

marko138 02-22-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 339882)
Ever play hockey dude?

You dont say no. You say 'You got it, coach'.. Kinda like the military. You can blame a player, and they often deserve it, but the coach should have pulled him after the second goal. It was obvious from the start he wasnt on his game.

When brodeur is on fire, he cant be beaten. But you can tell if he's having a good game or not within minutes of the game starting. And within 10 minutes, it was obvious it wasnt his night.

I understand what you're saying. I know he wouldn't sit. Who would? And I know how good he can be. How many times has he shut out the Pens this year?....atleast twice.

Apoc 02-22-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 339885)
I understand what you're saying. I know he wouldn't sit. Who would? And I know how good he can be. How many times has he shut out the Pens this year?....atleast twice.

Yup, difference is, in the NHL, you get 80 games to prove yourself, not so in the olympics. Nobody really notices a a bad game so much in regular season. In the olympics, you get a couple of games, and you gotta be at your best.

marko138 02-22-2010 01:08 PM

Speaking of NHL...when do the playoffs officially start?

CrazyKell 02-22-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 339804)
Dumbass, she's not talki9ng about hitting. Hitting is hockey, not aggressive hockey.

She means they were throwing themselves hard down the ice with no coordination and no passing.

learn to talk hockey, or GTFO!

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 339816)
Are you sure that is what Kell meant by "aggressive crap"? She also called America's play dirty. To me that indicates she meant more than a lack of coordination and passing.:shrug:

Wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 339821)
im pretty sure she meant dirty as in messy.

If not, she should GTFO too!

And this!

This girl can talk hockey! :rockwoot:

Rider 02-22-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 339896)
Speaking of NHL...when do the playoffs officially start?

April 11 is the end of the regular season.

marko138 02-22-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 339901)
April 11 is the end of the regular season.

Sweet. Thanks.