Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Just got call from dealership - my ordered car just came in (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3861)

Flexin 12-16-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris S (Post 128333)
A friend of mine bought an early F360 prob. around 6 months ago. He got a steal of a deal on it, I forgot if it was $70 or $80K. He's making it up in maint. and repairs, which have totaled about $22K so far!

I don't remember where it is but there is a website that list the cost of owning a used Ferrari. I think it was posted on CF before. It wasn't cheap from what I remember.

BTW I think a Cayman S would have been a fun car for him but wouldn't have the interior space of they M6.

James

RACER X 12-16-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 124641)
Scuderia. Fap, fap, fap. :drool::drool:

Jeremy reviewed one on Top Gear last night........:rockout:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 128341)
Pretty sure that you dont want to pick the cheapest daycare to take care of one's spawn....

agreed, but thats still alot for day care. and FYI exp. doesn't necesarrily mean good, you should read some of the state reports from exp. well know daycare's.............it'd make ya cringe.

Flexin 12-16-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 128370)
Jeremy reviewed one on Top Gear last night........:rockout:

agreed, but thats still alot for day care. and FYI exp. doesn't necesarrily mean good, you should read some of the state reports from exp. well know daycare's.............i'd make ya cringe.

That daycare price doesn't seem to be way out of line. It would be about $800 for one child around here.

James

RACER X 12-16-2008 03:01 PM

$640 here. and maybe $720 for a well know daycare chain (but w/ bad state reviews) all alot less then $1200.

+ april goes to computer class and dance class, for $75/mos extra.

ducati_atx 12-16-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 128370)
Jeremy reviewed one on Top Gear last agreed, but thats still alot for day care. and FYI exp. doesn't necesarrily mean good, you should read some of the state reports from exp. well know daycare's.............it'd make ya cringe.

Oh - I agree, cost doesnt cover everything. There are things that lower price daycares may not have - like liability insurance for one.

I almost wonder how much more above 1200/mo one would have to go to get to the "nanny" pricepoint.

shmike 12-16-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 128390)
I almost wonder how much more above 1200/mo one would have to go to get to the "nanny" pricepoint.

It depends.

A nanny I know is paid about $60k/ year + car + living quarters + travel.

OTOH, some friends of ours pay their lady (nanny / housekeeper / cook) $350/wk. She lives with them and has no car.

The difference bewteen an educated, attractive and licensed WASP and a poor, illegal willing to work for a place to live.

ducati_atx 12-16-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 128470)
It depends.

A nanny I know is paid about $60k/ year + car + living quarters + travel.

OTOH, some friends of ours pay their lady (nanny / housekeeper / cook) $350/wk. She lives with them and has no car.

The difference bewteen an educated, attractive and licensed WASP and a poor, illegal willing to work for a place to live.

I was thinking more on the 2nd side of things... I see hispanic nannys all the time around my rental property.

for 60k+expenses - I would expect more than taking care of the kids is going on....

shmike 12-16-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 128506)
]

for 60k+expenses - I would expect more than taking care of the kids is going on....

As would I.

The money that family spent was retarded.

A seven-figure monthly income buys a lot of help.

byron12 12-16-2008 06:33 PM

I think a ferrari would be an awesome car to own for one year enjoy and then sell. If you buy a used ferrari you could probably sell it for close to what you payed for it chalk up any maintinence costs during said year as the price of alot of fun and in the process you could certainly have two chicks at the same time.

Flexin 12-16-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 128380)
$640 here. and maybe $720 for a well know daycare chain (but w/ bad state reviews) all alot less then $1200.

+ april goes to computer class and dance class, for $75/mos extra.

I was wrong (it had to happen sometime) Its about $550 here for one child. But they can go way up from there. We have a big ass one here that is $1000 per child. I hear in Quebec its $7 a day per child. Its regulated by the government.

James