Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Bowl games (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17782)

Rider 01-11-2011 11:10 AM

Oregon beat themselves giving up 2 picks early. The Auburn offense was not as dominate as projected but their defensive speed was impressive.

tached1000rr 01-11-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 441355)
Oregon beat themselves giving up 2 picks early. The Auburn offense was not as dominate as projected but their defensive speed was impressive.

Ok, but Auburn threw interceptions as well, they also left a high percentage field goal on the table as well. Cam missing that wipe open receiver in the end zone, bottom line both teams could have played better offensively. It was a great game that really could have went either way.

Mudpuppy 01-11-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 441328)
Anyone here thinks TCU could have beat Auburn or Oregon?

Absolutely not

tached1000rr 01-11-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpuppy (Post 441382)
Absolutely not

I agree....

z06boy 01-12-2011 10:27 AM

...but they should be given the chance. Most didn't think they could beat Wisconsin.

I didn't think Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma a while back...WRONG...nor Utah against Bama but that's why they play the game.

Trip 01-12-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 441355)

The offensive and defensive line of Auburn showed exactly what the PAC 10 is lacking. Those big ole boys are huge and fast. The spread is not a good offense against teams with guys like that. If Oregon didn't do cheap holds, they were in the backfield every down.

tommymac 01-12-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 441585)
The offensive and defensive line of Auburn showed exactly what the PAC 10 is lacking. Those big ole boys are huge and fast. The spread is not a good offense against teams with guys like that. If Oregon didn't do cheap holds, they were in the backfield every down.

Guys on espn were saying the auburn D-line is what dictated a lot of things in that game. I love it when games are won and lost thanks to the big uglies up front ;)

Mudpuppy 01-12-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 441584)
...but they should be given the chance. Most didn't think they could beat Wisconsin.

I didn't think Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma a while back...WRONG...nor Utah against Bama but that's why they play the game.

I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..

Trip 01-12-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 441587)
Guys on espn were saying the auburn D-line is what dictated a lot of things in that game. I love it when games are won and lost thanks to the big uglies up front ;)

You could see it drastically starting in the 2nd quarter. Auburn would of scored a lot more if they got away from the dumbass bubble screens and it's stupid "trick" offense and just started handing it off to Dyer up the middle. Kid was getting 5-6 yards every time they did this. It's a lot harder to do it on SEC defenses, that's what those guys are use to, but Oregon couldn't handle smash mouth run it up your gut. They did play very well against Auburn's trick play offense that they see a lot of in the PAC 10 though.

Also Oregon's little "fast paced" offense doesn't work on the big stage. TV timeouts and injuries really really hurt Oregon's offense scheme. They aren't use to having to deal with people wanting to actually watch their game and sponsors paying to put their commercials in that time slot. :lol:

Trip 01-12-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpuppy (Post 441588)
I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..

Why couldn't you fucks take Miles away so we could get a decent coach? Bastards...