Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

TommyHotWheel 03-06-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46819)
What do you guys think? My wife thinks I look silly on a sportbike and thinks I should get a cruiser. I'm nearly 38 BTW.

Whats she doin out of the kitchen?:whistle:

marko138 03-06-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 175951)
:lol:

No, I don't recall a flux capacitor being on his bike.

JC

Thats really too bad. I would have loved to see a picture.

Mr Lefty 03-06-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 175938)
No I just needed a bike with ABS like the new CBR's. :dthumb:

yeah I saw a comparison between non abs and the abs version... over like 16 attempts the ABS version stopped 20' shorter the first... 17' the second... and on... wasn't until the last stop... did they match the abs version.... and that was with a 20 year riding veteran... the new biker never came with in 5' of the abs version after 20 trys.

and every one of them said it didn't kick in until the last possible moment... so they didn't notice it otherwise.

can't remember where the fuck I saw it though... I think it might have been one of the British mags.

Yamerhaw 03-06-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 175973)

:dvrofl:

HokieDNA01 03-06-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 175973)

Thats what I'm thinking (see avatar)

OreoGaborio 03-07-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 46821)
There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

Hah, if you weren't in Florida I'd ask you who he was.... we've got the same "guy" that attends our track days all the time up here. Not sure if he's early 70's or late 70's though. The guy fuckin hauls ass! Generally he's the fastest guy at the track but he doesn't race anymore.

I agree, get what YOU want... if she wants to ride on the back THEN find a compromise... Tuono, Speed Triple, Fz1 or something more sport touring...

I say buy a brand new FJR or Concourse, bring it home & say "HEY HONEY, I did what ya told me to do... here's our cruiser!" :D

ericr 03-07-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 176504)

I say buy a brand new FJR or Concourse, bring it home & say "HEY HONEY, I did what ya told me to do... here's our cruiser!" :D

That's a good option :dthumb:

racedoll 03-08-2009 01:20 PM

My husband is 40 and I don't think he is tool old to ride a sport bike OR race.

Do what you want.

Particle Man 03-09-2009 09:48 PM

you're only as old as you think you are.

buy whatever you can ride.

ceo012384 03-13-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 176504)
Hah, if you weren't in Florida I'd ask you who he was.... we've got the same "guy" that attends our track days all the time up here. Not sure if he's early 70's or late 70's though. The guy fuckin hauls ass! Generally he's the fastest guy at the track but he doesn't race anymore.

Yeah that dude is like 72 I think... always rolls up with his own rolling tool chest and has his bike in like 200 pieces. He's in shape and could probably beat both you and I up, not to mention he's a fuckin quick rider too.

I want to be him in 50 years. That's insane.