Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help me mod the SV! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14016)

Homeslice 06-14-2010 02:29 AM

Hmm, I remember being able to easily tell the difference in height between 1 and 5 on the rear shock.

I had a 1st gen and basically you go up the ramp to make it stiffer. I would check your manual to make sure.

I always left mine on 4.

The 1 setting sucked because it made it too soft and vague feeling, with slow turn-in, and it would bottom out more easily.

Particle Man 06-14-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 373975)
Wow good find Particle! Is the gixxer shock a bit shorter than the SV shock? And if so how much do i need to compensate in the front? I can always have it resprung

Sorry I missed this! The GSXR1k shock for 09 is like 10mm shorter. I tried it and didn't like it. Got a ZX14 shock in there now and love it.

I suppose you could change the position of the forks in the triple clamp to compensate...

You want to try the GSXR 1k shock?

Mr Lefty 06-14-2010 07:54 AM

still waiting on those pics Gina ;)

if you think it might be in your head... have him adjust it one day while your not around... or adjust it but not tell you what he did... find what feels good...

Tsunami 06-14-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 382726)
Sorry I missed this! The GSXR1k shock for 09 is like 10mm shorter. I tried it and didn't like it. Got a ZX14 shock in there now and love it.

I suppose you could change the position of the forks in the triple clamp to compensate...

You want to try the GSXR 1k shock?

What did you not like about it? I may take it off your hands, I was going to msg you about it anyway. Is there a ratio of how much it lowers the bike by when you adjust the rear? Like if i bolt it on, does it lower the rear more than 10mm?

Particle Man 06-14-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 382976)
What did you not like about it? I may take it off your hands, I was going to msg you about it anyway. Is there a ratio of how much it lowers the bike by when you adjust the rear? Like if i bolt it on, does it lower the rear more than 10mm?

It just brings the rear end down too much for my tastes (about the same 10mm). That's the only thing I don't like about it.

Tsunami 06-14-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 383043)
It just brings the rear end down too much for my tastes (about the same 10mm). That's the only thing I don't like about it.

i'll poke around and call SVraceshop this week and see if they are still respringing. They gave me the option last time to keep the gsxr shock at stock length or make it longer to match the SV. Though I would love some more reach to the ground, I have been managing so far.

Particle Man 06-14-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 383052)
i'll poke around and call SVraceshop this week and see if they are still respringing. They gave me the option last time to keep the gsxr shock at stock length or make it longer to match the SV. Though I would love some more reach to the ground, I have been managing so far.

lemme know. :)

Tsunami 06-14-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 383058)
lemme know. :)

I will definately. Just have to find some time. I have a chem test tomorrow and I have an ant problem. They have ran me out of the house last night. Exterminator is coming on Wednesday.

I woke up at 4am with ants in hair last night so me and Puggy are staying elsewhere! Can you believe it?

Particle Man 06-15-2010 07:28 AM

Oh efffff THAT