Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

Heather's Dad 03-13-2009 11:31 AM

Always had a problem with the age thing when it came to motorcycles. My parents told me i was to young and now my siblings tell me I am too old... Some body is full of ..it.

In 05 I was 54 and bought a 04 Z1000. The dealer never said anything about my age. I was too big for a 636 though.

Rider 03-13-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather's Dad (Post 179869)
Always had a problem with the age thing when it came to motorcycles. My parents told me i was to young and now my siblings tell me I am too old... Some body is full of ..it.

In 05 I was 54 and bought a 04 Z1000. The dealer never said anything about my age. I was too big for a 636 though.

Yeah my wife is full of it. I bought the bike anyway.

marko138 03-13-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 179944)
Yeah my wife is full of it. I bought the bike anyway.

A new one or the previous?

Rider 03-13-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 179956)
A new one or the previous?

Previous. No new bike in sight yet. I may just sit this season out and continue to work on the wife. Maybe next season if I'm lucky. I want another bike so bad but if I came home with a bike right now she would literally cut my balls off. No bullshit.

marko138 03-13-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 180007)
Previous. No new bike in sight yet. I may just sit this season out and continue to work on the wife. Maybe next season if I'm lucky. I want another bike so bad but if I came home with a bike right now she would literally cut my balls off. No bullshit.

Well...in that case...best to lay low for a while.

racedoll 03-14-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Maybe you should "buy" a new wife. Just kidding.

I don't think a husband or a wife should dictate what the other can or cannot do. Erik and I aren't like this and I have to say it works pretty well. I believe it eliminates a lot of unnecessary arguments. Though this is mainly in part to us having separate checking accounts/bills.

Good Luck on changing her mind.

Mr Lefty 03-14-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

well I hope next season sees ya back on two wheels... and your wife finds something to enjoy as much as you do riding

MissHell 03-24-2009 08:03 PM

To the original Q - I battled this same thing myself, I felt (still feel it a little) too old for a sportbike. I bought a V-Star, which for a cruiser is a nice bike. It was funny enough to ride, but my heart was never into it.

I've since sold the cruiser and am back on my true love, my R6. :drool:

Maybe down the road, I'll do the cruiser thing again. :idk:

For the record, I am 40. ;)

Archren 03-25-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissHell (Post 185058)
For the record, I am 40. ;)

Wait.. what? 40?? From all the pictures I've seen of you, I would have never guessed you were older than 30. Seriously.

Rider 03-25-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 185185)
Wait.. what? 40?? From all the pictures I've seen of you, I would have never guessed you were older than 30. Seriously.

You're just trying to get in her pant's..... A little woman on woman love. :diitb: