Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   929 axle nut torque?? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8069)

fasternyou929 05-15-2009 11:51 PM

:lol: Surprised the rear wheel could even turn with the swingarm pinching it like that!

I know your pain though, I've worked on a couple guys' bikes that just tighten everything down until they can't turn it with their 1/2" drive socket anymore. Freakin' fantastic for bolts that get super hot!

Banana Hammock 05-18-2009 12:12 AM

I tourque all my nuts down to 66 foot pounds, thats all I can tourque them down, but I could always use a manly man to cum over and tourqe them down some more for me

ZUKIMON 05-18-2009 01:12 PM

I'm thinking that someone is messing with NTS's account. :D

Particle Man 05-18-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 211780)
No worries man! 20 ft. lb. is plenty of torque for, say, a bar end screw. But an axle nut? :panic:

I'm hoping there was a cotter pin in there or something - talk about luck if that thing didn't spin loose :tremble::tremble:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUKIMON (Post 213615)
I'm thinking that someone is messing with NTS's account. :D

I've been saying that all day but nobody has confirmed or denied :lol:

z06boy 05-18-2009 03:17 PM

Bought a torque wrench yesterday while at Autozone picking up some other stuff.

askmrjesus 05-18-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 213623)
I've been saying that all day but nobody has confirmed or denied :lol:

Look closer, there are two NTS accounts....

JC

Particle Man 05-18-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 213698)
Look closer, there are two NTS accounts....

JC

holy crap, you're right :lol:

ZUKIMON 05-18-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 213623)
I'm hoping there was a cotter pin in there or something - talk about luck if that thing didn't spin loose :tremble::tremble:

Nope, no cotter pin on my setup. This one has a locknut with two little pieces of steel that lock on the threads when tightened down. I don't recall ever seeing anything like this one before. ??? It's similar to a nylock, only there's no nylon. :D

Jesus, you're good man, damn good. I would have never noticed that. :whatwhat:

z06boy, little something that you may or may not know about tourqe wrenches. They work best when used above half of their max setting. In other words, get one that maxxes out not too far above what you will mostly be using it for. You don't want to use a 250 ft. lbs. wrench on a 30 ft. lbs. nut just because it will go down that far. That's my little contribution for the day. :D

z06boy 05-19-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUKIMON (Post 213831)
z06boy, little something that you may or may not know about tourqe wrenches. They work best when used above half of their max setting. In other words, get one that maxxes out not too far above what you will mostly be using it for. You don't want to use a 250 ft. lbs. wrench on a 30 ft. lbs. nut just because it will go down that far. That's my little contribution for the day. :D

Honestly I didn't know that but it makes perfect sense...thanks.

Oh wait this is the internet...of course I knew that :wtfru: !! :lol: