Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   France: Youths Riot in Streets over Retirement Age (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16870)

goof2 10-22-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 419358)
Typical of the young, to be lacking in math skills. If the retirement age is increased then old fuckers have to work longer, reducing the drain on Federal resources. That means by the time they retire, they might even be able to drop the age again. If the age of retirement doesn't change, then they will be paying higher taxes to cover the people who are no longer earning a wage.

Dumbasses.

Jeez, what is wrong with you. Don't you know money from the government is free? They are just being stingy about the whole thing. Those dirty bastards are practically working their citizens to death by only giving them an average of 29 years of retirement.:lol:

Homeslice 10-22-2010 04:43 PM

Or how about how US state/federal workers think they deserve a pension even if they are just some desk jockey. :rolleyes:
Those dumbasses should try working in the private sector.....They'd probably work longer hours and STILL get no pension.

Captain Morgan 10-22-2010 06:00 PM

This doesn't seem much different than our problems with SS. Was just talking with co-workers today and we figure one of two things will happen with SS. A. it will go bankrupt before we reach an age to be paid any SS money. B. collection age will be raised to 90 in order to keep SS "profitable"

goof2 10-23-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 419394)
This doesn't seem much different than our problems with SS. Was just talking with co-workers today and we figure one of two things will happen with SS. A. it will go bankrupt before we reach an age to be paid any SS money. B. collection age will be raised to 90 in order to keep SS "profitable"

Unless something changes SS is nothing more than a black hole. When the system was created only something like 1 in 7 people were expected to collect. That math has significantly changed but the SS system has not adapted. Under the current system SS is unsustainable.

Also, my math was off. I screwed up and added 10 years to everything. It is actually going from an average of 21.5 years to 19.5 years for French citizens after retirement.

101lifts2 10-23-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 419358)
Typical of the young, to be lacking in math skills. If the retirement age is increased then old fuckers have to work longer, reducing the drain on Federal resources. That means by the time they retire, they might even be able to drop the age again. If the age of retirement doesn't change, then they will be paying higher taxes to cover the people who are no longer earning a wage.

Dumbasses.

You know damn well the govt. will never "give back" anything. Silly you. :lol:

It is really amazing that the youth would be worrying about retirement at this age, but when you groom someone to be dependant upon the government for most things, you inherently see this menality.

Tmall 10-23-2010 12:48 PM

Can't wait till I'm eligible to retire at 48. Could have been 43, but I signed a 25 year contract. :lol:

tommymac 10-23-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 419388)
Or how about how US state/federal workers think they deserve a pension even if they are just some desk jockey. :rolleyes:
Those dumbasses should try working in the private sector.....They'd probably work longer hours and STILL get no pension.

Dont forget many of the union workers in the US, its all the same mentality.

Captain Morgan 10-23-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 419388)

Federal workers no longer get a pension. It's basically a 401k, the same as most other jobs these days. The one thing we do get, that most companies don't offer, is our health insurance stays the same when we retire as it is when we're employed. Granted, that will likely change, but that's the plan as it currently stands.

derf 10-23-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 419523)
Can't wait till I'm eligible to retire at 48. Could have been 43, but I signed a 25 year contract. :lol:

I retire at 43, and thats staying 5 years past when I could have first retired

Mikey 10-24-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 419560)
I retire at 43, and thats staying 5 years past when I could have first retired

I have to wait until I'm at least 44. I got a late start.