Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Clean Chains (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=581)

z06boy 03-14-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 16187)
Yeah my chain is filthy right now. Its on my spring break list so Id love to pick up some of that stuff by then if possible.

Same here x 2 I need to clean both chains on my bikes. :idk:

Amber Lamps 03-14-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 16395)
Thats the cleanest chain I've ever seen. Nice job. I also use WD40 and the grunge brush...but I spray that shit right on.

Me too! Except I use Miracle Oil.Then I dry it off with a rag and apply chain lube. I'm not sure how the method of a application has any bearing on oil seal life....:idk: I once had a long conversation with a tech from EK,I had issues with their "zero stretch" ZZZ chain,and he told me that you don't have to lube your chain at all,just keep it clean. That's the whole point of "O" rings he said.Whatever,I still lube mine anyway, necessary or not,old habits die hard! Damn,I'm still waiting for someone to tell what the hell they put on chains at the factory,'cause that shit lasts longer than any product I've ever found in 25+ years of riding!

Gas Man 03-14-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 16395)
Thats the cleanest chain I've ever seen. Nice job. I also use WD40 and the grunge brush...but I spray that shit right on.

:iagree: when I had a chain... not I roll belts.. 3 inchers at that!

Katherine 03-14-2008 02:48 PM

Durn, azoomm! I took a look at my chain after this. YIKES.

Anyhoo...pretty gold wheel.

dubbs 03-14-2008 02:56 PM

Wow, I don't even think my chain looked that good when I bought it with 2 miles on it..

Damn, how much time does it take you to get it that clean? Please post your method..

If all you do is spray on and wipe off, I need to be getting some of this shit..

marko138 03-14-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16463)
Me too! Except I use Miracle Oil.Then I dry it off with a rag and apply chain lube. I'm not sure how the method of a application has any bearing on oil seal life....:idk: I once had a long conversation with a tech from EK,I had issues with their "zero stretch" ZZZ chain,and he told me that you don't have to lube your chain at all,just keep it clean. That's the whole point of "O" rings he said.Whatever,I still lube mine anyway, necessary or not,old habits die hard! Damn,I'm still waiting for someone to tell what the hell they put on chains at the factory,'cause that shit lasts longer than any product I've ever found in 25+ years of riding!

He's sorta right. All the lube is doing is keeping the o-rings from drying out.

Cutty72 03-14-2008 06:00 PM

i soooooo can't wait to have a bike with out a chain

NONE_too_SOFT 03-14-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16463)

they sacrifice a virgin and use her bowel juice as lubricant. food for thought.

vabarber2 03-14-2008 07:39 PM

Looks good! Thanks for the share!

Amber Lamps 03-14-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 16704)
they sacrifice a virgin and use her bowel juice as lubricant. food for thought.

Where am I gonna find a virgin?!? I live down south now and there isn't an elementary school for miles!