Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   what goes on inside your helmet? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12771)

Amber Lamps 01-17-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 320895)
I mainly think about how awesome my bike sounds. Seriously.

Yep or how perfect it's handling... how smooth the road is...what would happen if a deer jumped out right now...

Usually it's very introspective, and calm. If it's cold, or I'm racing, I've been known to shout in my helmet.

Mr Lefty 01-17-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 320949)
Usually it's very introspective, and calm. If it's cold, or I'm racing, I've been known to shout in my helmet.

I shout a lot... just to kill the boredom on long trips... seriously... I'm like a toddler who just makes noise to make noise... :lol:

Mrs. Colleen 01-17-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 320952)
I shout a lot... just to kill the boredom on long trips... seriously... I'm like a toddler who just makes noise to make noise... :lol:

I get that way too if I am tired and have to ride home on the freeway. :lol:

smileyman 01-17-2010 06:16 PM

I am with Fleck. I ride so i wont think. Just flow, me the road, the bike. Nothing else matters...

Captain Morgan 01-17-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 320952)

I've been known to do that. I also think about anything and everything.

Fleck750 01-17-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 320957)
I am with Fleck. I ride so i wont think. Just flow, me the road, the bike. Nothing else matters...

You have corners to keep you occupied......:D

was92v 01-17-2010 08:26 PM

If I am just cruising a long straight road, I wander mentally a little, but I try to avoid those type roads. I keep busy in there analyzing my riding and the ride itself which pushes the rest away. When I am pushing hard on the street or track I yell at myself fairly often when I make a mistake. It helps me that to refocus myself on the job at hand.
I have never listened to music when I ride, but I think when I'm sporting it would be a distraction.

smileyman 01-17-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 320982)
You have corners to keep you occupied......:D

Thats the beauty of it. Nothing matters save your braking, line, turn in point. No mortgage, vet appointments, work. Honeydos... just noise, speed, and vibration.

Mr Lefty 01-17-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 321004)
Thats the beauty of it. Nothing matters save your braking, line, turn in point. No mortgage, vet appointments, work. Honeydos... just noise, speed, and vibration.

when I'm riding agressively... then only the riding comes to mind...

but seeing as most of my rides are more "senic" now that I've gotten the DRZ... I tend to just let my mind wander...

I'm much more at home with my thoughts in my truck... even more so on my bike.