Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   High Fructose Corn Syrup Causes More Weight Gain Than Sugar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13906)

AquaPython 03-24-2010 11:23 AM

you guys see King Corn? it is more about the food bill and corn industry from start to finsh. Food inc is a bit broader and covers a bunch of other subjects within the food industry that also needs to be addressed.

Rider 03-24-2010 11:24 AM

HFCS is bad for you, very bad. As a mater for fact I avoid corn in any form. Corn serves no purpose but to fatten cows and hogs and provide renewable fuel.

AquaPython 03-24-2010 11:27 AM

renewable fuel?? are you talking about ethanol? ethanol is a net negative energy. it costs more fuel to grow and process than it produces.

Kaneman 03-24-2010 11:27 AM

I haven't seen King Corn...I'll try to find it though.

Does anything else think its ironic that corn is the one food you eat and shit out whole.....yet we put it in EVERYTHING?

But you know, the truth of it is, is you're poor or struggling to feed a family....you won't be able to afford healthy foods. But you can damn sure hit up that dollar menu.

tommymac 03-24-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 352899)
HFCS is bad for you, very bad. As a mater for fact I avoid corn in any form. Corn serves no purpose but to fatten cows and hogs and provide renewable fuel.

helps clean the ole pipes too LOL

I actualy like corn so I guess i am part of the evil empire :lol:

Kaneman 03-24-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 352904)
helps clean the ole pipes too LOL

I actualy like corn so I guess i am part of the evil empire :lol:

Dude, nothing wrong with some good ol' grilled corn on the cob. But when everything you consume contains corn that it becomes a problem.

AquaPython 03-24-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 352903)

But you know, the truth of it is, is you're poor or struggling to feed a family....you won't be able to afford healthy foods. But you can damn sure hit up that dollar menu.

thats the point of it all, how is it possible that 1$ hamburger exists? greed.

Kaneman 03-24-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaPython (Post 352907)
thats the point of it all, how is it possible that 1$ hamburger exists? greed.

Leaving the dollar menu behind was the hardest thing I've ever done. Harder than quitting tobacco (so far) and harder the quitting Walmart.

tommymac 03-24-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 352909)
Leaving the dollar menu behind was the hardest thing I've ever done. Harder than quitting tobacco (so far) and harder the quitting Walmart.

Its the convienience of fast food thats the killer. Since I have moved I have cut down on eating FF since there realy arent any places right by my house. But going home from the hospital I pass at least 5 mcdonalds restaurants that are hardly out of the way of my ride home.

AquaPython 03-24-2010 11:37 AM

i stopped eating that bullshit in college so it was not hard for me. In fact, i never even loved it as a kid. But there are some chemicals in that crap that make it addicting , just like a drug, when you eat enough of it. When you get off of it long enough, and you pass one with a window down, the stench of it makes you sick.

ever see Super- Size Me ? the guy goes on a nothing-but-McDonalds binge for 1 month around the country. he nearly died.