Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A personal example of how full gear can save your ass! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17604)

DLIT 12-21-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericr (Post 434942)
"Holy shit" was my first though on seeing the bike! Glad you were geared up man, could have been way worse!

Weird place for the front end to wash too, I wonder if there was something on the road there? Doesn't look like there would have been enough lean angle.... unless you were doing 200mph+ (just what is your limit?) :lol:

Heal up quick dude :dthumb:

Well, my buddy that picked the bike up said there was a bit of gravel in the road, like the shit that falls out of a dump truck. I was moving pretty good. There had to have been something in the road, man. It felt too damn weird.

Trip 12-21-2010 10:00 PM

How long was it on fire, looks a little crispy

How hot was it that day, the new asphalt could of seeped some and tucked the front end pretty easy.

Rangerscott 12-21-2010 10:00 PM

Glad you're ok man. I hate see a downed rider. Keep the pills poppin and the alcy flowing.

I know it's early but I'll take the front end off your hands. :dribble:

ontwo 12-21-2010 10:11 PM

Glad you're ok dude

101lifts2 12-21-2010 11:04 PM

Wow dude...another 5 feet and you would have missed that curb. Weird place to put a curb....dust gets on the road and can't get off. Makes no sense.

Bike is thrashed...but expected if it's going end over end. Sweeper looks long and in seeing other videos of you 110 doesn't seem uncommon.

Is the back gonna heal all good? What did the surgeon say?

DLIT 12-21-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 434963)
How long was it on fire, looks a little crispy

How hot was it that day, the new asphalt could of seeped some and tucked the front end pretty easy.

Never caught fire. It was around 70 out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 435023)
Wow dude...another 5 feet and you would have missed that curb. Weird place to put a curb....dust gets on the road and can't get off. Makes no sense.

Bike is thrashed...but expected if it's going end over end. Sweeper looks long and in seeing other videos of you 110 doesn't seem uncommon.

Is the back gonna heal all good? What did the surgeon say?

Should be fully recovered in a few months. I didn't have any surgery.

And to whoever was asking about the front end...it's a little twisted. Haven't looked at it too closely to see what else is fucked yet.

Trip 12-21-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 435048)
Never caught fire. It was around 70 out.

Guess it's just mud.

Yeah guess it wasn't slick from heat. Yeah most likely gravel or other foreign objects.

Triple 12-21-2010 11:31 PM

You mentioned having recently installed a new set of forks.

Have you ever done this before? Improperly torqued steering head bearings can create the vagueness in the front-end you described. I had a few mid-corner "oh shit" moments after swapping GSXR forks onto my SV and this was why.

DLIT 12-21-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 435052)

Have you ever done this before? Improperly torqued steering head bearings can create the vagueness in the front-end you described. I had a few mid-corner "oh shit" moments after swapping GSXR forks onto my SV and this was why.

The forks slide right in the triple trees. No need to losen the steering head nut/bearings. This was my 4th run with the new forks, didn't feel anything weird previously.

t-homo 12-21-2010 11:39 PM

glad you are going to be ok man. always weird when someone doesn't post for a while. Could mean they got bored of the forum, or had a fatal wreck and we would never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 435052)

he did the exact same swap on his 09ish r6. sitting right next to the r1 in the pic.