Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Vegas Strip (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16687)

acalliste 10-07-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 415804)
Congrats on a cool gig. How'd you land it?

Looks like an incredible time.

If you were closer you could've had your old suit back to wear. ;)

You know, it crossed my mind to contact you to see if you wanted to rent it out! Hehehee!

They remembered me from the z1000 ride last February. Kawasaki is an awesome company, I am learning. They really seem to get the idea that to earn & keep customers, they have to maintain the positive attention of their customer base. This is *one* way to do it, create situations where people will talk about what they've done & what they have to offer. If I could afford another bike right, it would definitely, without any doubt, be a Kawasaki. Probably a '10 Z1000 or the new Ninja 1000.

Dave 10-07-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acalliste (Post 415870)
You know, it crossed my mind to contact you to see if you wanted to rent it out! Hehehee!

They remembered me from the z1000 ride last February. Kawasaki is an awesome company, I am learning. They really seem to get the idea that to earn & keep customers, they have to maintain the positive attention of their customer base. This is *one* way to do it, create situations where people will talk about what they've done & what they have to offer. If I could afford another bike right, it would definitely, without any doubt, be a Kawasaki. Probably a '10 Z1000 or the new Ninja 1000.

Was there any talk about the new zx10r?

acalliste 10-07-2010 03:17 PM

Yes, actually. They were discussing the differences in the Euro & US model in the car on the way to the track. The 207 HP with ram air on the euro model can be had on the US model by switching out the ECU, or getting a power commander.

I have a bunch of photos from the dealer show that I will share when I get them uploaded.

Dave 10-07-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acalliste (Post 415889)
Yes, actually. They were discussing the differences in the Euro & US model in the car on the way to the track. The 207 HP with ram air on the euro model can be had on the US model by switching out the ECU, or getting a power commander.

I have a bunch of photos from the dealer show that I will share when I get them uploaded.

Is that a full ecu swap or a jumper mod like the 6's?

acalliste 10-07-2010 03:25 PM

They told me it's an ECU swap. The stock one can't be modified.

Having said that, I am not going to insist that no one will ever figure out a way to modify it... but that's what I was told. The hardware is supposed to be all the same (exhaust etc), just the programming of the ECU that controls the hardware is different.

acalliste 10-07-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontwo (Post 415806)
That's a cool pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 415849)
Welcome back :twfix:

Thank you & thank you!! :D

The light right before the sun went down was incredible. Add the sky and the way the track was throwing reflections, you couldn't ask for a better scene.

Dave 10-07-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acalliste (Post 415904)
They told me it's an ECU swap. The stock one can't be modified.

Having said that, I am not going to insist that no one will ever figure out a way to modify it... but that's what I was told. The hardware is supposed to be all the same (exhaust etc), just the programming of the ECU that controls the hardware is different.

Cool

Dnyce 10-07-2010 05:22 PM

the vegas track is freakin great, love going there!
anyone get to ride the stretched bikes?

Particle Man 10-07-2010 07:10 PM

That's freakin' sweet. Awesome pics!

anthonyk 10-07-2010 07:43 PM

Ha, Molly is also in one of the MSF class videos. The section on getting ready to ride, if I remember right.