Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Withdrawal (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17935)

LeeNetworX 01-13-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericr (Post 441857)
I'm not up north and I'm having withdrawal! We still have ice on some roads, since it warmed up yesterday, got sunny today, melted the snow, and refroze over night. And it's going into the teens tonight so more ice tomorrow morning, high of 32 but sunny so it'll dry off some more areas. The bad thing is the back roads with lots of shady areas. It'll be gone soon though, supposed to get rain and 40-50's first of the week so that'll take care of it. Then I just need some warm days.

I'd shoot myself if I lived up north and couldn't escape! :lol:

I'm also having withdrawls - been too cold for my blood to ride, even if if the roads would allow for it.

Porkchop 01-13-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 441916)
Oh definately having withdraws... I tend to make due by wrenching on the bikes or other house projects. Things that I don't want to do when I can ride. Hence my latest threads.

I know what you mean. Mine ran into problems toward the end of the season, so I've been wrenching on it with my neighbor when we can. I'd just like to hear it run. :lol:

ericr 01-13-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 441959)
I'm also having withdrawls - been too cold for my blood to ride, even if if the roads would allow for it.

I went for a ride after Christmas, started out at around 25F and warmed up to maybe 50. It was a chilly day though, sun wasn't doing much and there was all the sand and salt from the Christmas day snow laying in patches here and there, had to watch out for that. Took it out for a short ride last week when it was 53 or so, it was nice. I just hate having to spend 30 minutes (I exaggerate ) getting layered and geared up enough to not freeze on a ride and feeling constricted from the clothes.

This has been another cold winter for us so far compared to the last 10-15 yrs. I got spoiled by those mild winters.

Cutty72 01-13-2011 02:47 PM

I'm getting more irratated about the traffic that I don't have to deal with on the bike, but I do now with the car...

racedoll 01-13-2011 07:07 PM

I had a little withdrawal on NYE when it was nice outside. But I'm OK now, I have the subie to play in the snow.

G-Rex 01-13-2011 07:13 PM

We are supposed to be in the low 50s this weekend and you can bet I'll be out putting a few miles on the bikes!

Rangerscott 01-13-2011 07:22 PM

Just got done riding fuckers. :boobs:

Its a lovely 40F right now. Yesterday was even better in the twenties. Also i got piss all over my hand before i started my ride so dont get tto upset.

Triple 01-17-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 442171)
Also i got piss all over my hand before i started my ride so dont get tto upset.

At least he missed your face.

The snow is slowly disappearing here, but it's leaving dirty, sticky slop in its wake. My 1,100-foot gravel driveway won't be passable via sportbike for weeks. No point washing the cars during that time, either.

Rangerscott 01-17-2011 04:19 PM

A very lovely 70F today. Yawn. I think Ill just head home and sit on my ass.

Rangerscott 01-17-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 443036)
At least he missed your face.

The snow is slowly disappearing here, but it's leaving dirty, sticky slop in its wake. My 1,100-foot gravel driveway won't be passable via sportbike for weeks. No point washing the cars during that time, either.

I got tired of being at my storage unit and having to piss so I left a water bottle there. Got back from riding and about burst. I was getting lined up and then it just turned into a crazy sprinkler.