Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   S1000RR - funnies (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19327)

smileyman 06-02-2011 02:54 PM

I agree. I dont think Corser and Haslam are laughing at its awesomeness.

I do disagree that Corser and Haslam arent giving them good feedback. Corser is a 2 time champ and was lead development rider that put Aprilia on the board with the RSV. Maybe it is just German engineering stubborness that is getting in the way?

I would hate to see two very good riders sacked just because the factory are busi=y reinventing the wheel.

azoomm 06-02-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 473737)
I agree. I dont think Corser and Haslam are laughing at its awesomeness.

I do disagree that Corser and Haslam arent giving them good feedback. Corser is a 2 time champ and was lead development rider that put Aprilia on the board with the RSV. Maybe it is just German engineering stubborness that is getting in the way?

I would hate to see two very good riders sacked just because the factory are busi=y reinventing the wheel.

Welcome to BMW. You will win with our bike the way we developed it. Or, you won't win.

You guys and your silly rumors. I'd listen to you if I didn't actually stand in their garage listening to them talk development.

I still think the first post is funny.

fasternyou929 06-02-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

I know Corser is a former World Champ, but that doesn't necessarily make someone a good development rider. I'd use Stoner as an example... he's one of the few riders that could handle the Ducati, but he couldn't give Ducati engineers the precision feedback they needed on the front end/handling to make it better. So you end up with silly mods like wings on the front fender.

I wasn't aware Corser was a key component in the RSV development.

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. I had high hopes for Haslam this year, he was fun to watch last season.

smileyman 06-02-2011 05:45 PM

Well I was mistaken. In 2000 when Aprillia came into the series with the RSV1000 they had Corser developing it to good result. In 2001 he was a serious championship contender until he dnf'ed 2 of the last races and lost.

Main point I have to reconsider is he was developing these back in teh day, before electronics and engine management were such an issue, He may be just another great rider with no grasp of how to use the elctronics?

Dave 06-02-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 473760)
I know Corser is a former World Champ, but that doesn't necessarily make someone a good development rider. I'd use Stoner as an example... he's one of the few riders that could handle the Ducati, but he couldn't give Ducati engineers the precision feedback they needed on the front end/handling to make it better. So you end up with silly mods like wings on the front fender.

I wasn't aware Corser was a key component in the RSV development.

Couldn't agree more. I had high hopes for Haslam this year, he was fun to watch last season.

Troy was well regarded as a dev rider prior to the bmw gig. I don't believe casey is as bad as the myth suggests, remember ducati also has the reputation of not listening to shit

fasternyou929 06-02-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 473774)
Troy was well regarded as a dev rider prior to the bmw gig. I don't believe casey is as bad as the myth suggests, remember ducati also has the reputation of not listening to shit

Definitely. It'll be interesting to see if they're more receptive to Rossi's feedback. Or if Rossi can give them feedback that allows them to improve without carbon copying Japanese design - what I really think drives their resistance to change.

goof2 06-02-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 473717)
minus the ponzi scheme stuff :lol:

You obviously haven't seen their new financing deal.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19011

Mikey 06-03-2011 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 473753)
Welcome to BMW. You will win with our bike the way we developed it. Or, you won't win.

You guys and your silly rumors. I'd listen to you if I didn't actually stand in their garage listening to them talk development.

I still think the first post is funny.

Reminds me of this:

pauldun170 06-03-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 473857)
Reminds me of this:

:lol

azoomm 06-03-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 473857)
Reminds me of this:

That's tremendous :lol: