Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idiot hits parked bike (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19797)

Trip 07-31-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 483600)
What I've learned, if it's probable - it's possible. THAT was an impact zone for cars. It was not what I would consider an impact zone for motorcycles.

Not that the guy isn't a turd. :wink:

bingo, stay out of entrances and exits of turns. Middle of the turn is a better location.

Papa_Complex 07-31-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 483600)
What I've learned, if it's probable - it's possible. THAT was an impact zone for cars. It was not what I would consider an impact zone for motorcycles.

Not that the guy isn't a turd. :wink:

If there's one thing that I've learnt by being around the track, it's that damned near anything can happen. I've seen bikes jump the pit lane wall not once, but twice.

I've been around cars on the track too. Even the idiot drifters, who tear the crap out of the track and surrounding ground, don't do crap like that guy did.

Particle Man 07-31-2011 08:43 PM

Smooth move, fuckstick. Consider taking the bus from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSGregman (Post 483593)
Watch the front wheels...nevah even ATTEMPTED to counter steer...just sat there like a fly on a hockey puck...along the for the ride as he lost control. What a tool....any fool can stomp on the accelerator and go "fast" in a straight line....it's a bit different attempting to turn a high horsepower, real wheel drive car...it actually takes some SKILL.

I'm surprised that guy didn't absorb a beat down for that little stunt.

True - it looks like he did what any inexperienced driver would do: he hit the brakes rather than trying to steer his way out of it.

azoomm 07-31-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 483609)
If there's one thing that I've learnt by being around the track, it's that damned near anything can happen. I've seen bikes jump the pit lane wall not once, but twice.

I've been around cars on the track too. Even the idiot drifters, who tear the crap out of the track and surrounding ground, don't do crap like that guy did.

Cars freak me out trackside, they aren't nearly as predictable as motorcycles are when they are out of control. Cars seem to violate the laws of physics sometimes. It just seems to be, in the motorcycle crowd anyway, they think they are "safe" on the inside of a corner. At the entry and exit (and on a public road with two way traffic, each entry IS an also an exit) nothing should be considered "safe" with cars.

The driver was certainly a toolbag. But, the number of spectators probably didn't help for distractions and show-boating. Add a few photographers with business cards [a la KillBoy] and you have people that are working hard to "get a good shot."

It's why I don't like riding much on the street... and why I wouldn't recommend anyone park where that bike was parked. It wasn't the parked guy's fault anymore than dressing like a hooker makes it the woman's fault for getting raped. But, there are some situations where planning ahead wouldn't get you in trouble in the first place.

Mr Lefty 07-31-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 483617)
Smooth move, fuckstick. Consider taking the bus from now on.

True - it looks like he did what any inexperienced driver would do: he hit the brakes rather than trying to steer his way out of it.

I didn't even see brake lights... like he just thought he'd spin out and do a donut or some shit...

Particle Man 07-31-2011 09:07 PM

I thought I saw a flash as the ass end went around but I could be wrong

Mr Lefty 07-31-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 483622)

sure as hell didn't ht them too hard as the tires didn't lock up... but yeah I think you're right

Papa_Complex 07-31-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 483622)

Yeah, he nailed the brakes.

Homeslice 07-31-2011 10:46 PM

1) Pontiac owners club? Fail :lol:
2) Photographers thinking they have no effect on people's behavior? Fail :lol:
3) Driver fucking up the corner entry, and then trying to "save face" by adding a little slide to his exit? Fail :lol:

Captain Morgan 07-31-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 483620)
I didn't even see brake lights... like he just thought he'd spin out and do a donut or some shit...

He apparently felt he was coming in too hot and nailed the brakes after entering the turn, thus upsetting the suspension. Then, on exit, he stomped the gas, thus sliding around since his rear end was already lightened by the previous stomping of the brakes.