Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bullied kid w/ Muscular dystrophy commits suicide (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20260)

Kaneman 10-01-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 492326)
I'm afraid that martial arts training would interfere with my weight training too much.

*snicker*

101lifts2 10-01-2011 08:59 PM

It's sad...

These kids need the teachings of the New Testament!

Or marital arts. lol

VatorMan 10-01-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 492388)
It's sad...

These kids need the teachings of the New Testament!

Or marital arts. lol

Marital arts ? I could use some of those. Leg sweep the wife right before a track day. :rockwoot:

Particle Man 10-02-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 492373)
*snicker*

Cut that out :lol:

fatbuckRTO 10-03-2011 05:29 PM

Smashed his face and teeth on the pavement, then stole his dad's iPhone?

Maybe someone could clarify for me, at what point does it stop being "bullying" and start being "assault and robbery?"

According to the article, the emotional distress didn't really start until after the attack that happened away from the school grounds. I'm sure the bullying didn't help (who the hell bullies a disabled kid?), but this sounds less like a problem of bullying and more like a problem of acts that are already well-established as criminal. An iPhone is not lunch money.

azoomm 10-03-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 492804)
Smashed his face and teeth on the pavement, then stole his dad's iPhone?

Maybe someone could clarify for me, at what point does it stop being "bullying" and start being "assault and robbery?"

According to the article, the emotional distress didn't really start until after the attack that happened away from the school grounds. I'm sure the bullying didn't help (who the hell bullies a disabled kid?), but this sounds less like a problem of bullying and more like a problem of acts that are already well-established as criminal. An iPhone is not lunch money.

This is what I was thinking.

It's a horrible situation. Something that no parent should EVER have to deal with.

Homeslice 10-03-2011 07:58 PM

Ugh............

Between the ages of 10 and 15, the majority of kids are ruthless (and dare say worthless).

Flexin 10-05-2011 09:08 PM

I found out that there is a kid in my sons class that likes to get on peoples nerves. He likes to pick at other kids and bugs them. I hear he is doing it to my son and now that my daughter is there he has been pulling her hair on the bus.

My wife told me this and said she talked to the kids. F that. I had a talk with them. First of all I'm surprised that my daughter hasn't done anything since she is a tough little girl and quick to swing. I told her that she doesn't let anyone pull her hair. I also told my son that he doesn't need to put up with anyone budding him and that he is to stick up for his sister.

We told both of them they are not allowed to pick on people or start fights, but they will NEVER get in trouble for sticking up for themselves.

My son started Tae Kwon Do and my daughter who is in Ballet wants to take it as well. We have to try to get her into it.

James

Homeslice 10-06-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 492302)
Same with my son man, its awesome when they're passionate about martial arts!! Stick with the TKD for now and then when its available in your area you can move him up to a more effective art.

Just curious what you mean by more effective?

Granted, TKD is rather "rigid" in its style, but its principles are sound.

For whatever martial art one person thinks is the best, someone's always going to trump it with something else. Personally, I say the quality of the teacher & the student body is more important than which martial art it is.

Tmall 10-06-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 493299)
Just curious what you mean by more effective?

Granted, TKD is rather "rigid" in its style, but its principles are sound.

For whatever martial art one person thinks is the best, someone's always going to trump it with something else. Personally, I say the quality of the teacher & the student body is more important than which martial art it is.

You ever see a TKD black belt get into a fight?

I have, it's quite funny to see them touching their foot gently to somebody's face to score a "point" as opposed to trying to take their head off, which is kind of the idea of a fight.

Then, after he actually got hit once he started with the "ENOUGH! I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT!"

I was very very disappointed. I thought for sure it would be a one sided fight, with the black belt trouncing the other guy. It just further reinforced to me that if you don't have "it" fighting/self defense just isn't for you.