Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Which Bike would you choose? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21434)

No Worries 06-13-2012 12:21 AM

Ten days? I would take the ST and none of the interstates. I'd probably cross back and forth several times across the Appalachians before I got into DC.

nhgunnut 06-13-2012 05:48 AM

For me It would be the ST . It suits my riding style is heavy enough to smooth out the bumps, has good handling a power curve that lends itself to superb touring.

Gas Man 06-13-2012 08:18 AM

It's funny all you guys complaign about the cruiser position... that is my number one problem with the ST and zoom's BMW's. The mid and behind me controls are not comfortable. Ever look at a lazyboy chair, the position is similar to a cruiser seating position. I can do hours and hours in either... :lol:

azoomm 06-13-2012 08:39 AM

I gave my choices. They have assigned me to a Honda ST.

I don't get a choice on the route. I don't get to choose where we stop. I won't have personal time. But, I'll be on a motorcycle for 10 days as a chaperone and lead/tail rider.

I look forward to it.

Trip 06-13-2012 09:25 AM

dumb question, ST is the only answer

give me a shout if yall come through Chatty or the surrounding area.

defector 06-13-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 514019)

I look forward to it.

No shit, that's pretty awesome. I could think of a lot worse things to do for 10 days.

Gas Man 06-13-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 514019)
I gave my choices. They have assigned me to a Honda ST.

I don't get a choice on the route. I don't get to choose where we stop. I won't have personal time. But, I'll be on a motorcycle for 10 days as a chaperone and lead/tail rider.

I look forward to it.

Regardless of which you end up riding...

That sounds like you have NONE of the stressers... just ride.

Sounds PERFECT!!

tommymac 06-13-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 514017)
It's funny all you guys complaign about the cruiser position... that is my number one problem with the ST and zoom's BMW's. The mid and behind me controls are not comfortable. Ever look at a lazyboy chair, the position is similar to a cruiser seating position. I can do hours and hours in either... :lol:

probably doesnt help that youre only 4 feet tall :lol:

pauldun170 06-13-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 514017)

Could it be that your just use to the setup typical of many cruisers.
I couldn't get comfortable on the HD's I've ridden (not use to my feet being out front). Come to think of it...I can never sit still in a lazy boy either:lol

tommymac 06-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 514040)
Could it be that your just use to the setup typical of many cruisers.
I couldn't get comfortable on the HD's I've ridden (not use to my feet being out front). Come to think of it...I can never sit still in a lazy boy either:lol

He did come from riding sportbikes. I too find it difficult to fathom riding with my feet forward like that and am sure it takes some getting used to. I am sure Chris will chime in with his expierences in making that transition.