Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redneck Day, guess who gets offended... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22249)

Flexin 05-05-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 528838)
I'm outraged that they cancelled "White-Trash Wednesday"!!

The funny thing is the rednecks never get offended. It's everyone else with the delicate feelings!

I guess you never watched "Are you faster then a Redneck"? They get offended all the time.

I find it funny that some students should just suck it up and deal with it when someone wears a confederate flag. But there are many here that will flip over gun control.

There are things that piss some off and don't even get noticed by others. But people can be unhappy about and speak their mind. Thats just life.

BTW I watch Duck Dynasty.

James

goof2 05-06-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 528869)
I guess you never watched "Are you faster then a Redneck"? They get offended all the time.

I find it funny that some students should just suck it up and deal with it when someone wears a confederate flag. But there are many here that will flip over gun control.

Freedom of speech and right to bear arms. Seems like there is something similar about those things, something that makes what you find funny not only unsurprising but expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 528869)
There are things that piss some off and don't even get noticed by others. But people can be unhappy about and speak their mind. Thats just life.

BTW I watch Duck Dynasty.

James

People can get offended about all kinds of things and it seems like some are more susceptible than others. That is their right, just like it is mine to call them whiny bitches.

Particle Man 05-07-2013 06:26 AM

See, where they messed up was by calling it "Redneck Day."

I went to HS in a rural community and (I shit you not) they had a "drive your tractor to school day" which ended up being the defacto "Red Neck Day" because, well, I don't think I need to explain that one :lol:

Nobody complained except the custodians who would have to fix all the ruts in the soccer field :lmao:

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 07:25 AM

I think that some people need to "open a dialogue" about understanding when people are making fun of themselves, not 'keeping you down.'

Redneck: A term that was originally coined to describe farmers and general labourers who frequently sport sunburn around the line of their shirt's collar; a 'red neck.'

tommymac 05-07-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528898)
I think that some people need to "open a dialogue" about understanding when people are making fun of themselves, not 'keeping you down.' '

Now wheres the fun in that. You cant cry woe is me, and we are supressed as a people if you think like that

LeeNetworX 05-07-2013 08:11 AM

And oppressed peoples get free stuffs from the gubament, funded by taxes! Yay!

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 08:49 AM

Well I feel bloody oppressed. I kinnae wear me wee kilt, carry me claidheamohmor, go shirtless, nor paint me face bra blue with the clay in public, or they bloody pack me off tae loony bin!