Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   something me and a buddy made for a weekend project (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2381)

BobTheBiker 08-31-2008 11:24 PM

just wait til we finish building his RD up from the ground. literally. we're going to be doing a fiberglass front fender, chain guard, potentially a fuel tank(EXTREMELY IFFY on this one) and quite a few other things before his toy is done.

when we finish it up I'll show y'all.

Dnyce 09-01-2008 06:31 AM

looks decent for a 1st try-might wana lay some more from the back in the curves for strength, and in the thin spots, b4 u bondo it all and shape it up

Amber Lamps 09-01-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 68040)
looks decent for a 1st try-might wana lay some more from the back in the curves for strength, and in the thin spots, b4 u bondo it all and shape it up

I was thinking the same thing and you probably know this but if you "thicken" the piece you can sand it smooth and use gel coat instead of using bondo which has a tendency to fall off in high vibration applications.

BobTheBiker 09-01-2008 10:14 AM

ah! thanks for the input. that was something I wasnt aware of until now. theres a few places I'd thought looked a little sketchy in thickness.

Amber Lamps 09-01-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheBiker (Post 68050)
ah! thanks for the input. that was something I wasnt aware of until now. theres a few places I'd thought looked a little sketchy in thickness.

Besides,if you put it on too thick,it'll crack and bondo isn't flexible and that piece looks like it gonna move around a bit to me.

BobTheBiker 09-01-2008 11:52 AM

we're putting it onto a pan of sorts that will hold it, and the cusion for the seat. once we set it all up, I dont really think its going to flex at all. I'll post pictures after we've finished everything.

Cutty72 09-01-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 67994)

:x:

Dnyce 09-02-2008 01:42 AM

and when u bondo something right, its a very very light coat, almost nonexistent. most of it ends up on the floor from sanding.

i like to get the shape really close, then strengthen it from the back so it doesnt fuck up my shape, and i dont have to worry about going thru it when i sand it to get the shape really really close, then use your filler to make it perfectly smooth, sealer primer paint done deal

Amber Lamps 09-02-2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 68254)
and when u bondo something right, its a very very light coat, almost nonexistent. most of it ends up on the floor from sanding.

i like to get the shape really close, then strengthen it from the back so it doesnt fuck up my shape, and i dont have to worry about going thru it when i sand it to get the shape really really close, then use your filler to make it perfectly smooth, sealer primer paint done deal

exactly!!

JoJoYZF 09-02-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 68206)
:x:

Thats gay. I linked it from another site and its gone now.