Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A funny (not "ha ha") thing happened on our group ride today.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3929)

DIMford 11-28-2008 09:44 PM

Good Call guys...

Mr Lefty 11-28-2008 10:02 PM

good call... I'll just wave you in front then turn:lol:

NEW469 11-28-2008 10:16 PM

Good call Nee:dthumb:

Similar thing happened to me on a SMR, a couple of clowns show up dressed like they were about to go clubbing. I was like WTF???? :db:

Angee 11-28-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 111120)
Good story. There were times I wished we had asked someone not to come with us.

We had a guy show up with us. Jeans, tennis shoes, mechanics gloves, mesh jacket, $600 Race Replica Helmet, every body panel with a scratch, crack, or chip, and held on with zip ties. He was a guy who had frequented a local board, so we knew OF him, but none of us had ridden with him.

He overcooked a turn and stuffed it into the ditch.

5 minutes of feeling bad for telling someone they shouldn't come with your group beats the 1.5 hours wasted pulling everything together and waiting for his ride to show up.

Was that on my first group ride a couple of years ago near Ashley Judd's house??? A little Honda 750? That was a heck of a way to get broken in on my first 2-up group ride...LOL I still have a pic of that guys bike on the computer downstairs...

ericr 11-28-2008 11:28 PM

I had a feeling that's how your story was going to end Neebs, just glad it was after y'all seperated!! Good call on that guy :dthumb:

Smittie61984 11-28-2008 11:35 PM

I rarely ride in groups. Infact I almost always ride solo. I just prefer it that way. When I did ride in a group it was usually with friends who got into bikes after me so they were all newbies and none where really nuts.

Usually if the idiot is out front it makes great entertainment. Nothing like watching someone with such horrible seating position leaving blackies thinking he is hot shit to be caught by a bunch of parading Harleys.

FT BSTRD 11-28-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angee (Post 111256)
Was that on my first group ride a couple of years ago near Ashley Judd's house??? A little Honda 750? That was a heck of a way to get broken in on my first 2-up group ride...LOL I still have a pic of that guys bike on the computer downstairs...

Yup. Nice guy, but in over his head. NO GEAR didn't help much either.

Could've turned it from a bent bike and a truck ride to a bent bike, a truck ride, and an ambulance/life flight ride.

I tend to quickly develop a headache and need to not ride with the group when questionable folks show up.

Angee 11-29-2008 12:09 AM

I seem to remember his ankle bleeding pretty good and road rash all over his side where his jacket just rolled up. He was a lucky little SOB...I think Ron was right behind him, and WE were behind Ron. I'd only been riding with Dutch a few weeks at that point. Yeah, he was a nice kid, but definitely in over his head. My newness to riding is why we rode tail-end-charlie...just common sense. If I remember correctly, he fixated on the ditch instead of looking through the turn and just rode right into it. :no:

My friend calls me a gear-nazi now...I have lots of gear, but no bike... :lol:

FT BSTRD 11-29-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angee (Post 111272)
I seem to remember his ankle bleeding pretty good and road rash all over his side where his jacket just rolled up. He was a lucky little SOB...I think Ron was right behind him, and WE were behind Ron. I'd only been riding with Dutch a few weeks at that point. Yeah, he was a nice kid, but definitely in over his head. My newness to riding is why we rode tail-end-charlie...just common sense. If I remember correctly, he fixated on the ditch instead of looking through the turn and just rode right into it. :no:

My friend calls me a gear-nazi now...I have lots of gear, but no bike... :lol:

Dutch made an honest woman of you yet?

Angee 11-29-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 111281)
Dutch made an honest woman of you yet?

Ummmm...NOT! :dvrofl:Took that kiss of death once, the divorce was a PITA...the ex is STILL a PITA...that subject is:beath:even with him, and he's never been married. I think we'll stick to the long-term lease for a bit longer, rather than buy the farm. :D