Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FYI, if your 3.5 y.o. locks you outta the house (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6030)

Particle Man 02-16-2009 10:47 AM

sounds like she's trying to tell you something.....

just sayin'...

zlicius 02-16-2009 11:02 AM

at 1950 i get a phone call on my way home from working 4 days in HELL straight (no one wants to work vday weekend it seems. we were way short staffed, totally surprised no patient fell and got hurt because of lack of caretakers on our floor) saying "uh, do you have a key?"

no. i don't have a key.

i dropped off my car pool buddy and stopped for whataburger since i knew i wouldn't have access to food when i got home, tried to beat on the handle of the door when i got home and gave up and went to the neighbors and told Ed to handle it.

he did :)

the firefighters that showed up were very nice, and i plan on taking some food or something up to their station to thank them very soon, after i get done writing 4 papers for class today.

keep in mind, we live in a very rural part of richmond and it was very quiet...

btw, there will be a hidden key from now on. since we just moved in june, we just hadn't thought about getting a key anywhere yet.

Cutty72 02-16-2009 01:58 PM

i always have a key to my house...

unknownroad 02-16-2009 02:11 PM

You don't have a house key with your car keys? :idk:
When we changed the locks on our house I didn't get any locking knobs, just deadbolts, that way we can't accidentally be locked out by turning the little button. Happened too many times at our old place.
Always got myself back in with a credit card or a screwdriver, though...

Particle Man 02-16-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 166020)

I don't keep my house keys with my car keys...

xx CURVE xx 02-16-2009 02:15 PM

What kind a freaking loser cant break into their own house :lol:

Dragonpaco 02-16-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 165878)
called locksmiths, $125, only 1 would come out. and not in 15-20min.

vs free

naw, they had like a jack, wedged it between the door frame, tweaked it just enough to open door, no damage to frame.

came in their big ol shiney new truck. they just opened this firehouse late dec/early jan.

it's free until you get the bill for lockout service. then you'll be bitching on here about why you should have used a locksmith

RACER X 02-16-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx (Post 166023)
What kind a freaking looser cant break into their own house :lol:

break is the operative word. dunno about you but i don't want to break anything on my house.

Particle Man 02-16-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx (Post 166023)
What kind a freaking looser cant break into their own house :lol:

are you calling Ed loose? Ewwwwwwww

azoomm 02-16-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 166020)
When we changed the locks on our house I didn't get any locking knobs, just deadbolts, that way we can't accidentally be locked out by turning the little button. Happened too many times at our old place.
Always got myself back in with a credit card or a screwdriver, though...

I don't have a house key with my car key.

I have a car key. And a set of *other* keys [office, track, lockers, house, mail, etc.]. I learned the hard way to keep a house key in the garage - we have a locking knob. I locked myself out of the house one night - came home from a ride in the wee hours of the morning opened the garage door and ooops, locked out. It took a bit of work, but I got in - and set off the alarm. :lol: