Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   MotoGP (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Stoner out for season? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6083)

Amber Lamps 02-18-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 167461)
This is very lame and makes him sound like a whiney kid.

Mick Doohan goes out with a broken leg to contest his title. Casey's poor wrist hurts.

Yea even though you all hate him,Dani Pedrosa raced with two broken ankles and beat a healthy Casey Stoner on his way to his 250 title!!!

Yamerhaw 02-18-2009 08:39 PM

awww, poor baby, he's a sissy anyway

hell put a thumb throttle control on it like a 4 wheeler

marko138 02-19-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 167488)
Yea even though you all hate him,Dani Pedrosa raced with two broken ankles and beat a healthy Casey Stoner on his way to his 250 title!!!

I don't acknowledge that.

OreoGaborio 02-19-2009 09:50 AM

Having a plate & 6 screws in my wrist that I got from a racing incident almost two years ago, I can tell ya it's NOT fun racing w/ chronic wrist pain. I came back probably a month too early and I was about 5 seconds off my usual pace because of the limited range of motion & pain.... and this was in my left hand. I can only imagine the amount of stress that gets put on his wrists when bringing that Duc from 200mph down to 60 in the shortest distance possible all while trying to bend the bike into a corner...

Stoner may or may not be "a whiner", I don't know cuz I don't know him personally. But either way, he's a competitor at heart just like everyone else on that grid. If he wasn't a competitor he woulda never gotten there in the first place & beat out Rossi who is arguably the best rider the world has ever seen for a world championship.

Wrist pain is by far the hardest pain to cope with while racing a motorcycle, especially at that level with those kinds of forces, especially when it's a scaphoid.

smileyman 02-19-2009 11:15 AM

Hell I have old wrists and they hurt after long highway rides. Never been officially broken or operated on and my clutch hand tendons ache like crazy. My throttle hand has some old ATV related injury that pops up after a long ride too.

I don't think Casey is really crying about the pain. I think he is scared that he won't be able to ride up to his expectations and let down the Duc team. Young World Champions have such fragile egos....

fnfalman 02-19-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 167916)
I don't think Casey is really crying about the pain. I think he is scared that he won't be able to ride up to his expectations and let down the Duc team. Young World Champions have such fragile egos....

He already let down the Ducati team when he got his ass whooped last year.

DLIT 02-19-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 167461)
This is very lame and makes him sound like a whiney kid.

Mick Doohan goes out with a broken leg to contest his title. Casey's poor wrist hurts.

Sound like? He is 100% a whiny bitch.

Trip 02-19-2009 01:13 PM

Mick Doohan did the same shit to his wrist in 93, he kept riding til 04 I think. Casey's a bitch.

DLIT 02-19-2009 01:27 PM

Gary McCoy's leg was so fucked, they had to fuse it to his other leg and hope that would help his other leg heal, and the motherfucker still rode.

OreoGaborio 02-19-2009 01:57 PM

Damn... Lotta tough guys here.

And some of you need to go watch Faster again.