Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Problem. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6926)

Amber Lamps 03-25-2009 10:20 AM

Can you "expose" the injector assembly to see if it is getting fuel in the throttle body? Also,check the fuses and make sure you didn't lose one. I have to disagree with Rider,in that modern bikes also need computers/electronics to run,just like cars. Did you wash it after your last ride? Do you have a Power Commander or other Fi device? Could your electronics have gotten wet? Is it possible that you inadvertently pulled a vacuum line while you were messing with it last week? Does it have a choke and is it stuck?

Rider 03-25-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 185225)
Can you "expose" the injector assembly to see if it is getting fuel in the throttle body? Also,check the fuses and make sure you didn't lose one. I have to disagree with Rider,in that modern bikes also need computers/electronics to run,just like cars. Did you wash it after your last ride? Do you have a Power Commander or other Fi device? Could your electronics have gotten wet? Is it possible that you inadvertently pulled a vacuum line while you were messing with it last week? Does it have a choke and is it stuck?

I don't think his bike is FI'd.

marko138 03-25-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 185223)
I just thought...The gas is in the frame...Does it have a vent hose that could be plugged or blocked????

It does have a vent hose...and I'm not sure if it's blocked. I'll check that out tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 185225)
Can you "expose" the injector assembly to see if it is getting fuel in the throttle body? Also,check the fuses and make sure you didn't lose one. I have to disagree with Rider,in that modern bikes also need computers to run,just like cars. Did you wash it after your last ride? Do you have a Power Commander or other Fi device? Could your electronics have gotten wet? Is it possible that you inadvertently pulled a vacuum line while you were messing with it last week? Does it have a choke and is it stuck?

I have no idea if I can get to the injectors. I did check the fuses...everything is good there. I didn't wash it after the last ride. Though I did wet sand the headers...didn't even spray it down after that...just dumped water on them. So...water SHOULDN'T have gotten on anything other than the header.

No PC or other FI device...just the stock ECM. As far as choke...it's all computer controlled. There's no choke I can mess with.

Amber Lamps 03-25-2009 10:23 AM

Oh is it possible that your "tip over" sensor has fallen off it's mount? it shuts off the fuel in the event that you crash. If it has become loose your cpu may think your bike is on it's side.

marko138 03-25-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 185226)
I don't think his bike is FI'd.

It is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 185228)
Oh is it possible that your "tip over" sensor has fallen off it's mount? it shuts off the fuel in the event that you crash. If it has become loose your cpu may think your bike is on it's side.

It's possible...and one that fellow Buellers mentioned.

I crashed that sucker back in September...but rode it a few times after that with no issue and twice last week with no issue. But I guess its possible that it malfunctioned.

Amber Lamps 03-25-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 185223)
I just thought...The gas is in the frame...Does it have a vent hose that could be plugged or blocked????

Ya beat me! I had that problem with a dirt bike once!

Rider 03-25-2009 10:27 AM

Kickstand switch? Have you checked that?

Amber Lamps 03-25-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 185230)
It is.

It's possible...and one that fellow Buellers mentioned.

I crashed that sucker back in September...but rode it a few times after that with no issue and twice last week with no issue. But I guess its possible that it malfunctioned.

Well if it's off the mount,it will work intermittently sometimes as the bike gets "jostled" around.

marko138 03-25-2009 10:29 AM

My manual says to replace the drain plug on the fuel pump when you empty the fuel. That seems stupid to me. I can see replacing the o-ring...but the whole fucking plug? :wtf: It's a 30 dollar part from the dealer...and of course is not in stock.

I'm gonna check the vent hose and BAS when I get home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 185238)

Doesn't have one. That sucker will go with the kickstand fully deployed.

Amber Lamps 03-25-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 185238)

Kickstand switch routes to the starter,it won't turn over....same with the clutch or neutral start switches.