Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New oil spot in the garage. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7522)

NONE_too_SOFT 04-18-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 198977)
When starting a job.

1. Identify the tools required to finish the project
2. Set said tools out (or at least know where they are)
3. Do job
4. Clean tools and return to proper location for next usage.

You might as well be reminding me "right tighty lefty loosy"... You've never made a mistake when following the golden rule? The only tool i've lost in 2 years is a single bit for my screw driver.

Tmall 04-18-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 199020)
You might as well be reminding me "right tighty lefty loosy"... You've never made a mistake when following the golden rule? The only tool i've lost in 2 years is a single bit for my screw driver.

Wish I could say the same. I live with a roomate. I can't find half my sockets and my cordless drill smells like its fried..

tommymac 04-18-2009 07:17 AM

I have numerous spots in the carport, with the dry sump set up on th epriller I prety much always wind up spilling a litttle somewhere :idk:

Tom

Cutty72 04-18-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Not saying I've never gotten into a job and not had the right tool. But I have always had the obvious ones I knew I would need ready and available.

How do you start changing oil without an catch pan?

NONE_too_SOFT 04-19-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 198854)
After 10 mins of idling I shut her down and cracked the seal on the drain plug and then went to grab my oil pan...

I hate it when i have to quote myself.

I Keep it in one spot that its never moved from.that way. I always have it when i need it, I didnt start without one, i started not knowing my dad used it the week prior and had left it in the utility sink in the basement after disposing of his old oil.

bmblebee 04-19-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

The only tool I've lost in the last 30 years was a craftsman 9/16 wrench I was stupid enough to let someone borrow

Mr Lefty 04-19-2009 07:57 PM

that sucks... but thanks for reminding me I need to change my oil... :D

oh... and just wondering... what do you guys do with your oil after? where do you guys take it? I had a place in AK... haven't looked into it here in MS yet

t-homo 04-19-2009 08:08 PM

O'reillys

zed 04-19-2009 08:27 PM

bike shop.

the last one was getting like $1.00/gal when the waste oil people showed up.

Cutty72 04-19-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 199419)
that sucks... but thanks for reminding me I need to change my oil... :D

oh... and just wondering... what do you guys do with your oil after? where do you guys take it? I had a place in AK... haven't looked into it here in MS yet

any auto dealership or oil change place will take it. I think they are required to actually.

And NTS... that 10 min of idle time is a good time to find your shit... just trying to help