Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you getting old when... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7795)

NONE_too_SOFT 04-29-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 205021)
How about when you are thinking of selling your sportbike for a BMW GS? Touring is becoming more appealing to me and the track is starting to get less exciting.

touring requires time though. U've been married less than a year, and if u ever plan on having kids that'll put a nix in ur plans.

I do love me some some 800gs though
http://www.motorrad-news.com/wp-cont..._f800gs-12.jpg
thats the bike i'd want to take through europe.

shmike 04-29-2009 11:22 AM

The uncomfortable bikes are meant for the track.

That is how I use them.

I have no use for a sportbike on the street where I live.

Archren 04-29-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 205024)

:dribble:

F800GS FTMFW. I'm thinking a bike like that may be the next acquisition.. but not until after I get back from Iraq (and maybe not until after the wedding).

Trip 04-29-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 205024)
touring requires time though. U've been married less than a year, and if u ever plan on having kids that'll put a nix in ur plans.

I do love me some some 800gs though

It's just not as comfortable as the big GS though. Getting the big GS is with being married in mind. We don't plan on kids anytime soon. We test drove a GS and she really enjoyed riding on it as opposed to any of the other bikes I have had. It is something we could take trips on.

Particle Man 04-29-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 205050)
It's just not as comfortable as the big GS though. Getting the big GS is with being married in mind. We don't plan on kids anytime soon. We test drove a GS and she really enjoyed riding on it as opposed to any of the other bikes I have had. It is something we could take trips on.

can you convince my wife that SHE wants a GS as much as I do??

askmrjesus 04-29-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

How about when you are thinking of selling your sportbike for a BMW GS? Touring is becoming more appealing to me and the track is starting to get less exciting.

I've been having those exact same thoughts lately.

JC

askmrjesus 04-29-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 205054)

You convinced her to marry you, how hard could it be? :lol:

JC

the chi 04-29-2009 11:47 AM

For me, I love the track, and since I'll be living on top of it when I move this summer I am sure I'll get plenty of track time!

The hubby is learning to ride now, and while he is loving it, both he and his dad are more laid back, into the more touring type stuff (we'll also be right near his parents). As much as I love the speed and twisties, I too want to see some of what I am riding past other than "look, butterfly"! :lol:

And that damn bug that got Ebbs got me too, I want to see the world from my bike, and the more comfortable ride I get, the less aches and pains and the further I go.

I dunno, nothing in the works as of right now for a new bike, but im thinking on it...

Trip 04-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 205054)

Take her to the dealership and let her ride one with you that has all the luggage (especially the tail case with the back rest) If she doesn't like riding that, than I think you are out of luck convincing her to ride with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 205055)
I've been having those exact same thoughts lately.

JC

Yeah, I been thinking about it a lot since last season. I started off wanting the 800, but that wouldn't fix the can't take the wife along issue. I have progressed as far as I really want to go street and track wise. One bad wreck could put me down for awhile at the speed I can go now. Reached all the goals I wanted out of it. Think it is time to back it down. I also have been starting to ride dirt and really enjoying it. It's a new challenge.

neebelung 04-29-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

See, we've had touring in the back of our mind all along. We've never thought "Oh one day we'll graduate to cruisers..." We've always said "I wanna grow up to be a Bimmer geek." :lol:

I look forweard to being old, retired, and having a nice faded Aerostitch suit.