Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Police: Store clerk killed beer thief (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10058)

azoomm 08-25-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257734)
Respect the pseudo authoritay!

Whatever... I'm just really tired of the bullshit kiddies.

LOCKED.

marko138 08-25-2009 12:10 PM

Play nice, ladies. This kind of shit won't be happening here.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2426/...de2dcea475.jpg

Homeslice 08-25-2009 12:18 PM

lol, UNLOCKED :zowned:

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:19 PM

:nilly:

marko138 08-25-2009 12:19 PM

Unlocked? :wtf:

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:20 PM

IB4T(re)L

Tmall 08-25-2009 12:21 PM

Maybe an admin has been made aware?

Maybe some people like to solve issues, not just ignore them or blame the minions?

Or! Maybe somebody realized you guys were being just as silly for locking it and protecting the kids from themselves?

We are adults you know?

marko138 08-25-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257765)
Maybe an admin has been made aware?

Maybe some people like to solve issues, not just ignore them or blame the minions?

Or! Maybe somebody realized you guys were being just as silly for locking it and protecting the kids from themselves?

We are adults you know?

Adults? Most here don't act like it.

shmike 08-25-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 257769)

Agreed.

We're talking about the mods, right?

Tmall 08-25-2009 12:24 PM

That's your opinion of course.

You may not like the point of view being expressed, but that doesn't make it wrong.

None of the mods except for rider were involved in this discussion. But instantly you all swoop in and tell us we're retards.

Wanna talk about childish.. Perfect example from the lot of you..

marko138 08-25-2009 12:26 PM

Good god.

Homeslice 08-25-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257774)

You may not like the point of view being expressed, but that doesn't make it wrong.

None of the mods except for rider were involved in this discussion. But instantly you all swoop in and tell us we're retards.

Arguments are not the proper use of a forum. Forums should be just "Hi how are you today, did you have a good time at the trackday last weekend? Awesome, glad you had a good time! Hey did you see the article about the new BMW 1000RR? Pretty nice I must say."

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257774)

we all swooped in because when a post gets reported, we allllllll get an email about it.

Don't read more into it than there really is. :)

Apoc 08-25-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 257769)

I dont know how anyone can put a bunch of bikers together in the same room and expect them all to play nice.

Fighting is a part of message boards, all message boards. Its what keeps people coming back.

This board was created because of the ridiculous way VS runs things, yet, aside from the ads, it seems like you guys want to go down the same road with your modding techniques.

I have a ton of respect for some of the mods, and some of the members. I also think a lot on both sides arent worth the dirt they'll be buried in someday. When someone acts like an idiot, ill call them on it.

And an 'Infraction'? How childish is that? If I was a mod, i'd be ashamed to send one for fear of looking like an overgrown crybaby...

Then again, this is the int3rw3bz, and I dont really take being insulted to heart.

Tmall 08-25-2009 12:34 PM

Don't make more of it than it is, and we won't read into it.

I know you guys are just trying to help.
But, forbidding it from going on is just laziness.

If all mods do is lock threads, then why not just have a feature that locks a thread when its reported so many times?

Then its not up to the whim of one person who is pissed off today..

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257787)
Don't make more of it than it is, and we won't read into it.

I know you guys are just trying to help.
But, forbidding it from going on is just laziness.

If all mods do is lock threads, then why not just have a feature that locks a thread when its reported so many times?

Then its not up to the whim of one person who is pissed off today..

I agree with ya actually... But I can also see where once a thread has just turned into a buncha grown men tossing sbout gradeschool taunts, it's degraded to a point where the main point of the thread is lost. Locking it isn't about "protecting" you guys, it's about getting people (including a mod, in this case) to STFU.

Homeslice 08-25-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257789)
I agree with ya actually... But I can also see where once a thread has just turned into a buncha grown men tossing sbout gradeschool taunts, it's degraded to a point where the main point of the thread is lost. Locking it isn't about "protecting" you guys, it's about getting people (including a mod, in this case) to STFU.

What is the point of making people STFU? People don't have to keep clicking on the thread if they no longer want to read it. And the funny thing is, threads like this actually get the most hits. What does that tell you?

z06boy 08-25-2009 12:44 PM

I've changed my mind...I would have shot the SOB. :dvrofl:

Trip 08-25-2009 12:46 PM

I am not sure about the locked/unlocked thing. Maybe a mistake in the code because two people tried to lock it at the same time when we received the reported post to check out what was going on here.

This is why I posted the site improvement thread. I am just as guilty as anyone on this board of arguing and whining. I will gladly admit to that.

There is going to be arguing, it's why the war room exists. I try to leave it going as long as things don't get too personal or where we get to the point of running people off the board. Things are getting worse. We are running people of the board. That's not what I want, I am sure that is not what you guys want either. This is what the site improvement thread is about. Feel free to post what you want changed there. Give us some ideas how we can get new blood in here and increase usage from the current members.

I know I burn some stress on some of yall sometimes and some take it personal and go away. If you know me in person, none of what I say is personal, but not everyone gets a chance to meet so you never get that personality from just the words on here. I am sorry about that, I am taking a break from the political threads because I do it there out of habit. I am interested in making this board a better place for it's members. Tell me what we can do to do that and I will try to make it happen. I don't want this to turn into a CF vs TWF thing. CF and TWF is toast thanks to VS. TWFix is here, we can improve the board or it can die slowly.

I don't care about the off topic amount vs the moto amount. It would be nice to have more moto threads, but there will always be a lot more off topic than moto. There is only so much moto you can talk about before it becomes redundant without getting new members.

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257791)
What is the point of making people STFU? People don't have to keep clicking on the thread if they no longer want to read it.

Because while a healthy debate is great (and encouraged) flaming isn't. Plain and simple.

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 12:51 PM

Trip you're a douchetastic cocktard

Trip 08-25-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257795)

Shut up princess, you never got your knee down. There is no proof on your pucks.

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 12:55 PM

Fuck ceramic pucks. I need those cheap plastic ones that melt away

neebelung 08-25-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257795)

:dvrofl:

Trip 08-25-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257800)
Fuck ceramic pucks. I need those cheap plastic ones that melt away

Take my sparkies up there when you go. My suit is in the closet under the stairs. Spark past Zee FTMFW, proof will show up or it didnt happen.

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 01:02 PM

I'm already gone. Eating right now.

HokieDNA01 08-25-2009 01:03 PM

Just a suggestion but when a thread gets to the point that people are throwing insults...in stead of locking it, just move it to the war room. Then if any of the newbies go there....they should know what they are getting into.

neebelung 08-25-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 257807)
Just a suggestion but when a thread gets to the point that people are throwing insults...in stead of locking it, just move it to the war room. Then if any of the newbies go there....they should know what they are getting into.

Again, flaming isn't allowed. War room is for sensitive topics (i.e. Religion and politics), but just cus a thread is in there, doesn't mean site rules don't still apply.

I'm not a proponent of locking threads... Not a fan of it at all. But... Sometimes it's the lesser of evils :shrug:

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257804)
Take my sparkies up there when you go. My suit is in the closet under the stairs. Spark past Zee FTMFW, proof will show up or it didnt happen.

Knee down is meaningless. One of the fastest track day riders I knew rarely touched a knee down, but rode a Duc in AMA. I frequently find myself cutting inside riders on supersports with 6 inches between my knee and the ground, while they're dragging everything. And I'm slow. And Old. And ride a 400 on the track.

Trip 08-25-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 257807)

I understand the occassional dumbass or moron comments will be made. I for one will 9 times out of 10 won't lock a thread for that. I can't say I don't, because I don't know if I would every time and don't want to say that. :lol: It's when it comes to a point where people go beyond joking and it just becomes straight up bashfests that probably just need to be ended with a lock. Move on and cooling off is probably in order.

Trip 08-25-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257812)
Knee down is meaningless. One of the fastest track day riders I knew rarely touched a knee down, but rode a Duc in AMA. I frequently find myself cutting inside riders on supersports with 6 inches between my knee and the ground, while they're dragging everything. And I'm slow. And Old. And ride a 400 on the track.

Oh he just wants proof he can get a knee down. I agree it's not an indicator of fast. It's just something fun to do. I can get my knee down going pretty slow cause I got long legs and fucked up body position.

pauldun170 08-25-2009 01:18 PM

Holy crap :lol:

All this because someone wanted to chop little kids hands off...

Now its some sort of weird emo biker mod thread.

This is turning out to be such a cute thread.
I love it when my threads get all cute.

Tmall 08-25-2009 01:19 PM

I've always said the only thing stopping me from getting a knee down is a lack of riding pants.

I've actually been tempted to touch in jeans just to prove that I can. Then I realize I like walking.

Tmall 08-25-2009 01:21 PM

At the same time, I'm happy that there are no, "is this a good first bike?" threads.

I like the fact that this place is populated with non noobs.

Homeslice 08-25-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257809)

I'm not a proponent of locking threads... Not a fan of it at all. But... Sometimes it's the lesser of evils :shrug:

What is the other evil? It's not like people are going to track each other down and shoot each other.

Now, if people are actually complaining about threads like this, then I could see the justification for locking it. But reporting a thread is not the same thing as complaining about it. Some people just think it's cute to push that button.

azoomm 08-25-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257825)
What is the other evil? It's not like people are going to track each other down and shoot each other.

Now, if people are actually complaining about threads like this, then I could see the justification for locking it. But reporting a thread is not the same thing as complaining about it. Some people just think it's cute to push that button.

It was reduced to a war of reporting - more than one, and not just snippy bitching in a thread. On the forum is one thing, but a random reporting war about nothing is another.

Two of us locked at the same time - which meant a lock and an unlock :lol: At least we were thinking the same thing.

Damn Canadians and their trouble making - that's right, I blame Canada :whistle:

neebelung 08-25-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257825)

:lol: no, no I mean lesser of evils versus "disciplinary"
shit, i.e. Infractions. Bottom line is, while this place is very lax, there are still rules. And some level of decency toward one another really isn't asking too much. I didn't lock the thread, and I didn't unlock it, but I support the decision that another staff member made to lock it in the first place, as that's what they felt the best course of action was.

Don't like it? :shrug:

Tmall 08-25-2009 01:35 PM

Sing a song about flappy headed fuckers why don't ya..
:lol:

Tmall 08-25-2009 01:37 PM

Neeb, if you didn't care if we liked it, you wouldn't be justifying it.

You're a big softy. Admit it. Heart

azoomm 08-25-2009 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257832)
Sing a song about flappy headed fuckers why don't ya..
:lol:

This is what I imagine when y'all are posting.... :lol:

neebelung 08-25-2009 01:43 PM

Questions were asked, and I answered. That's called communicating, not justifying. I can say with 100% honesty that I don't care if ya'll like it. :lol:

neebelung 08-25-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 257836)

:dvrofl: out. stand. ing.

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257831)
:lol: no, no I mean lesser of evils versus "disciplinary"
shit, i.e. Infractions. Bottom line is, while this place is very lax, there are still rules. And some level of decency toward one another really isn't asking too much. I didn't lock the thread, and I didn't unlock it, but I support the decision that another staff member made to lock it in the first place, as that's what they felt the best course of action was.

Don't like it? :shrug:

Very lax, by comparison with a local board that I moderate on. It's likely the largest in the Toronto area and uses the same software with all the infraction giving goodness, including the temporary bans. The rules are no flaming, no swearing (not even bypassing the word filters with things like f*ck and a$$). I moderate in the Law and Highway Traffic Act section, so you can imagine how many people have received a ban from me, temporary or permanent.

Lately we've had people whine about how they "don't get treated like adults" on that board, to the point that a couple of people are now misrepresenting themselves as members of a large riding group and stating that they are going to boycott businesses that support the board, unless things change. The board's owner is holding firm and telling them to go pound sand, which is fully supported by the majority of members.

Considering that he founded the board as a place where people could go and not take abuse from the "old boys' club", I admire him for sticking to his guns. I just hate having to enforce those draconian rules.

Quote:

Sorry, I already had the corrective surgery.

Apoc 08-25-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Something the same, but we've got bigger flags!

neebelung 08-25-2009 01:50 PM

Papa C - that place sounds like it's run very similarly to a car forum I frequent. There's just very little tolerance for bullshit. Very little. Doesn't mean thrre isn't fun and joking around, but as soon as it gets to the level of personal attacks, people get banned.

But apparently it works: the site is friggin huuuuuuggggeeee. Massive. Makes CF in its heyday look small by comparison.

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257844)
Papa C - that place sounds like it's run very similarly to a car forum I frequent. There's just very little tolerance for bullshit. Very little. Doesn't mean thrre isn't fun and joking around, but as soon as it gets to the level of personal attacks, people get banned.

But apparently it works: the site is friggin huuuuuuggggeeee. Massive. Makes CF in its heyday look small by comparison.

Pretty much how it is. There's a fair bit of joking around and many of us know each other IRL. You can't refer to a person as stupid, but you can certainly call an idea stupid.

The line is drawn when it's the poster who is being attacked, unless we mods see that there's a definite pattern of abuse. In one case I told a poster that if he used the expression, "By the way, that's not an attack" one more time, that I would start giving him infractions for it.

RACER X 08-25-2009 02:24 PM

i was fired as a mod from my local board, dunno why.........:lol

owner asked me to be a mod, it wasn't my idea.......lol

azoomm 08-25-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257856)
i was fired as a mod from my local board, dunno why.........

We know why :nee:

Trip 08-25-2009 02:35 PM

I don't like full moderation. I am an asshat and wouldn't last on the board that was fully moderated. If I did that to ya'll, I would probably break the rules, but expect ya'll to live within them. Just doesn't seem right :lol:. I would like this board to last without implementing such rules, but you need people to stick around and new people to join without getting fucking raped by harrassment to make it work. So there has to be a happy medium of what is too far and what is in play. So the locking or having to resort to another means when things get too far will stay in effect.

karl_1052 08-25-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257794)
Because while a healthy debate is great (and encouraged) flaming isn't. Plain and simple.

Unless you are a mod I guess.

Homeslice 08-25-2009 02:47 PM

I've never understood boards that ban swearing. Bikers are more likely to swear than the average person. I'm gonna throw out a guess that less than 5% would object to swearing on a message board.

Now, if the adminstrator falls into that 5%, then fine, it's his board, he can do whatever he wants..........But to pretend that he's doing it because it's "good for the board" is pretty much BS imo. In fact on a local board here, that approach actually turned away more people than it protected. There was a 25 y/o super-mod who acted like he was 60.

Rider 08-25-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 257868)

I don't initiate flaming remarks, I only return fire.

neebelung 08-25-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 257868)

No, that's actually not cool either. Srsly.

Trip 08-25-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257869)
I don't see the need for restrictions on swearing and such. Bikers are more likely to swear than the average person. I'm gonna throw out a guess that less than 5% would object to swearing on a message board.

Now, if the adminstrator falls into that 5%, then fine, it's his board, he can do whatever he wants..........But to pretend that he's doing it because it's "good for the board" is pretty much BS imo. In fact on a local board here, that approach actually turned away more people than it protected. There was a 25 y/o super-mod who acted like he was 60.

swearing is not going away here. I am up there with sailors on that.

shmike 08-25-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257875)

Fuckin' A right.

pauldun170 08-25-2009 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257870)

Wait...I'm confused...

Do you mean "flaming" as in "Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users." ?

or do you mean....

neebelung 08-25-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257875)

Woo hooo!

neebelung 08-25-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257887)
Wait...I'm confused...

Do you mean "flaming" as in "Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users." ?

or do you mean....

:rofl: wow. Just wow.

Trip 08-25-2009 03:10 PM

wow paul, that's almost a bannable pic right there. Get it out of my head, out out out!!

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257890)
wow paul, that's almost a bannable pic right there. Get it out of my head, out out out!!

uh... trip you have body painted guys in drag in your head?

fuck... can someone else give me a ride to indy?

azoomm 08-25-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 257889)
:rofl: wow. Just wow.

:eightball6:

Trip 08-25-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257903)
uh... trip you have body painted guys in drag in your head?

fuck... can someone else give me a ride to indy?

You don't learn very easy. Remember that last little incident which such jokes. A would probably just laugh at it though. Damn......

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 03:40 PM

yeah well I don't think A would come on here just to defend you. if anything she'd call you gay too.

Trip 08-25-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257918)
yeah well I don't think A would come on here just to defend you. if anything she'd call you gay too.

most likely...she doesnt defend me very often. :lol:

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257921)

well it's not an easy thing to do...

Trip 08-25-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257923)

that's it, go find a hotel. asshat

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257924)

I have one... In indy... do you?

Trip 08-25-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257926)

I can get another. :lol:

Mr Lefty 08-25-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257927)

I'll give ya the hotel... but I'm take'n the gs and the trailer :lol:

pauldun170 08-25-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257912)
You don't learn very easy. Remember that last little incident which such jokes. A would probably just laugh at it though. Damn......

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257918)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257921)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257923)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257924)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257926)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 257927)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 257928)
I'll give ya the hotel... but I'm take'n the gs and the trailer :lol:

Interesting that the photo inspired all this....

I was just asking Rider a simple question...

azoomm 08-25-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257929)
Interesting that the photo inspired all this....

I was just asking Rider a simple question...

You know what they say about 1,000 words....

unknownroad 08-25-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257887)
Wait...I'm confused...

No kidding... this is NOT the "show us your desktop" thread :nono:

neebelung 08-25-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 257943)

:rofl:

Apoc 08-25-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

It ok princess, im sorry :didntdo:

:lol

Plus, I got my post reporting priveledges back, no thanks to you :rockwoot:

Not that ive ever reported a post, ever. But hey, Its nice to know I can next time you attack me :wtfru:

:boobs:

azoomm 08-25-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257947)
It ok princess, im sorry :didntdo:

:lol

Plus, I got my post reporting priveledges back, no thanks to you :rockwoot:

Not that ive ever reported a post, ever. But hey, Its nice to know I can next time you attack me :wtfru:

:boobs:

OK Big Boy... we've moved on. Don't make me make you sit in the corner. :nee:

Of course, you might actually like that :lol:

Apoc 08-25-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 257951)
OK Big Boy... we've moved on. Don't make me make you sit in the corner. :nee:

Of course, you might actually like that :lol:

only if you beat me while im there :D :dribble:

Gas Man 08-25-2009 06:05 PM

Gee GOD you people need a life.

azoomm 08-25-2009 06:08 PM

I figured as much, Apoc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 257960)
Gee GOD you people need a life.

Oh shuush you - I've been out living life and riding for the last week and a half. I'm getting my quota of interwebs today :lol:

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257856)
i was fired as a mod from my local board, dunno why.........:lol

owner asked me to be a mod, it wasn't my idea.......lol

Same here; asked. I even tried to quit in a huff at one point.

Gas Man 08-25-2009 06:38 PM

Go on with your badazz self Zoomy... get ur thang on with the interwebz

HurricaneHeather 08-25-2009 08:23 PM

What a great day for them to take away interwebs at work. :lol:

I told my co-workers that I haven't been starting any drama at work because I get my fill on here. :lol: Looks like I might have to try and make someone cry this week so I can get my internet back. ;)

Smittie61984 08-25-2009 09:12 PM

George Bush hates black people - Kanye West

neebelung 08-25-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 258032)
George Bush hates black people - Kanye West

It's really tempting at this point to whip out an ol pancake bunny .jpg. Just seems fitting. :lol:

pauldun170 08-25-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 257943)

It would make a fabulous desktop picture....

101lifts2 08-26-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257620)
protection of a thiefs rights? IMO they have no rights.....

That may be your opinon, but not the majority. Your rights don't go away until you are tried and then imprisioned.

101lifts2 08-26-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257646)
Learn how to spell ass nuts. And I'm not full of shit, I've never stolen anything in my life. You can believe it or not I don't give a fuck.

Get caught stealing once, you chop off 1 hand, you get caught stealing twice you get killed because you are now a burden to society.

And I'm still calling Bullshit. You are no fucking angel, trust me. Your definition of stealing is done to just suit your views, because you don't seem to understand everything it entails. Ever take a grape at the store to see if the bunch you are going to buy is sour? Stealing. Every find money on the ground and put it in your pocket? Stealing. Ever take a direct quote from the net without citation? Stealing. I would continue on, but the ownage is getting large.

The crime doesn't fit the punishment snappy. You chop off someones hand and they are handicapped FOR LIFE. Are you going to punish someone FOR LIFE over 20 bucks? Lucky for us, 99.99% of Americans don't agree with you.

I'm not going to contine to argue with you because you have such a retarded view on this...moreso on how to actually deter stealing.

fasternyou929 08-26-2009 12:50 AM

I couldn't figure out why a thread about a store clerk was pushing 20 pages. Now it all makes sense.

Quote:

As a mod do you think that sends the right message?

At the very least, don't engage in a flame war then send someone an infraction. That's like an unmarked car tailgating someone until they speed up, then writing them a ticket. Don't you agree?

101lifts2 08-26-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257646)
Learn how to spell ass nuts. .....

Oh not the spelling Nazi's!

I fixed it for ya nigga azz.

Papa_Complex 08-26-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 258149)
I couldn't figure out why a thread about a store clerk was pushing 20 pages. Now it all makes sense.

As a mod do you think that sends the right message?

At the very least, don't engage in a flame war then send someone an infraction. That's like an unmarked car tailgating someone until they speed up, then writing them a ticket. Don't you agree?

Returning fire with a flame AND an infraction certainly doesn't send the appropriate message.

RACER X 08-26-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 258148)
The crime doesn't fit the punishment snappy. You chop off someones hand and they are handicapped FOR LIFE. Are you going to punish someone FOR LIFE over 20 bucks? Lucky for us, 99.99% of Americans don't agree with you.

glad i live in TX, and w/ 3 outta 10 of the largest cities in the US in TX , 99% might be a tad high..

again TEXAS LAW, where we can be the judge jury and executioneer

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated

glad i don't have to live in some namby pampy state where i have to hide in my closet while somebody rummages thru my house, CA ?

Gas Man 08-26-2009 08:15 AM

OK Ladies and Gents... I think this thread has ran its corrse. No reason to re-hash it all out and its still way off topic.

Good day!