Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you could do anything...Part 2 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9437)

TYEster 07-20-2009 09:15 PM

I don't have the means, technical abilities or know the right people to do both build/race cars and bikes. And I don't have the genetics to be a professional bodybuilder.

However I'm pursuing BOTH as hobbies and am quite happy with it all.

Tsunami 07-21-2009 01:45 AM

Too old and too untrained to be an aerialist

tommymac 07-21-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 244219)
I got married young instead of going to vet school like I dreamed my entire life. All the years following I've fought to keep my head above bills, mortgage, car payments etc. I know all about living beyond ones means. I am just now, at almost 28 in a position to be able to go back to school and get into doing something I want, versus what I need to do to pay the bills.

Kinda like the path I went down. I just turned 30 when I got into PA school and was kinda frustrated getting a late start on things but first i couldnt do anything about whats already done and just kept going forward. I fell into a prety good gig now with the jobbie jobs so I will just keep at it.

Tom

tommymac 07-21-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 244285)
Money is over rated. What I want is time and enough money to do the things I enjoy. Firefighting might be the career that can do that. I have to decide. My black ass burning in a fire is a drawback. Nothing is perfect.

James

200 an hr def isnt over rated :lol:

Tom

Amorok 07-21-2009 06:34 AM

I'm working on it. I'm planning on going to work for a state after retiring from the military, several of them will give me retirement a few years sooner after 20 years active Federal service, so I'll be in my mid 50's and retired twice with enough money to open a bike shop or a bar.

karl_1052 07-21-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 244285)
Money is over rated. What I want is time and enough money to do the things I enjoy. Firefighting might be the career that can do that. I have to decide. My black ass burning in a fire is a drawback. Nothing is perfect.

James

My buddy is a firefighter. He almost never responds to fire calls. Most of what firefighter respond to these days is accident scenes.

MILK 07-21-2009 08:24 AM

Don't get the answers on the other thread confused with my real life. :lol: I love my career!! :) It's cakes and pies!!

wildchild 07-21-2009 08:29 AM

well I didn't do my field of choice because my sig other said she wouldn't wait around for me if I was driving truck. Then we had a kid, no time for him if I'm gone all the time.

now days, I don't care if she waits, the kid graduated from high school and doesn't want me around anyway (:)) but now I find I've gotten used to being home and having my "play time"

Trip 07-21-2009 08:32 AM

I'm not a famous cook and no one will give me a show to review diners/drive ins/dives since it's already being done.

derf 07-21-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorok (Post 244413)
I'm working on it. I'm planning on going to work for a state after retiring from the military, several of them will give me retirement a few years sooner after 20 years active Federal service, so I'll be in my mid 50's and retired twice with enough money to open a bike shop or a bar.

Cha-ching!!!! Yeh seriously that is a great plan, although I am working toward a very similar goal I do plan to take a few years off after I retire to travel. I got just over a decade to think about it, 2021 is approaching real fast. Once I do some traveling and see the world I was thinking about becoming a DMV picture guy taking headshots of all the kids who just got their liscense. I would make sure that they take the worst possible picture