Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Does anyone else think about stealing gear? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2909)

Trip 10-16-2008 02:30 PM

I really wanted to take someone's helmet that had one exactly like mine in my size because mine is no longer made anymore. I wouldn't actually do it though.

marko138 10-16-2008 02:55 PM

At the Carlisle bike show I leave my shit unlocked. Helmet, jacket, the whole deal. There are thousands of people. I guess I just have faith in fellow bikers not doing me a bamboozling.

It ain't right to steal from your own.

Trip 10-16-2008 02:59 PM

At the store at the gap, I leave keys in the ignition and all my shit laying on the bike.

marko138 10-16-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 80475)
At the store at the gap, I leave keys in the ignition and all my shit laying on the bike.

Keys in the ignition I will not do. Not even in my own driveway.

Rider 10-16-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 80470)

It ain't right to steal from your own.

It aint right to steal from ANYONE.

Gunther1000 10-16-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 80396)
no. never. not even for an instant.

i'd never bring grief upon another rider like that.

BWHAHAHAHAHA RRRRRRIGHT!

You seem to have no problem giving your fellow bikers a ton of shit for your own enjoyment!

I personally wouldn't want to give up that new helmet smell you get from buying a new one only to wonder who's sweat your now sharing.

Now if you were considering who else here has dreamed of breaking into a new bike dealer and loading up 15 or so new bikes you may get a little more support but again, morals come into play. Unless you were raised by the state in a foster home or don't have a job then you might just be better off saving up for what you need.

I take the "I wish you would" path myself. It would be worth them doing me wrong if only I found out.

marko138 10-16-2008 05:12 PM

True...but you know what I meant.

azoomm 10-16-2008 05:32 PM

I'll tell you what I have done...

I walked by a bike with a jacket and helmet sitting on it, tankbag clipped on. Sitting in a hospital parking lot. BUSY lot - a lot of people walking through. I heard two guys smoking by the door talking about it. So, I walked over and took everything not locked to the bike and took it inside to the information desk. I hope they figured it out and got their stuff.....

I don't need any bad kharma, I have enough crap happening to me just with general life.

Antwanny 10-16-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 80397)
Its a code. You respect others and hope they respect you. Ive thought about it happening but not about doing it.

Thats why i dont do it lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 80476)
Keys in the ignition I will not do. Not even in my own driveway.

Same

And no i dont steal shit,(firm believer in karma) but i wont say i dont think about it.
________
Yamaha Trx850 Specifications
________
B9 SCRAMBLER

Mr Lefty 10-16-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 80396)
no. never. not even for an instant.

i'd never bring grief upon another rider like that.

Same here...

I've found several keys left in the bikes ignition... I usually have the person paged (at the mall or store which is where all these happened) and just let the guy or gal know they forgot the key.

I'd love if someone else was as helpfull to me... but no way am I relying on it.

but no... I've never thought about stealing gear or bike... I've stolen a couple things in my life when I was younger... they rank as #2 and #3 on the only 3 things I'd change in my life... I felt like shit both times... the first was because everyone else was doing it... the 2nd was an honest mistake... but I realized it 500 miles down the road... and no way to fix it..

I hate theaves... they seriously are one of the lowest forms of human life imo