Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome to Michigan Driving (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15517)

Gas Man 07-08-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 391433)
OK, so how about when traffic opens up, and there's nobody blocking you AND nobody you need to pass........You'd move over then, right?

Yes...

pet peeve

when mofos get on the highway into the right lane and go straight to the left when there is NOBODY in any lane in front of them. That shit is STUPID ANNOYING!

JoJoYZF 07-08-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 391430)
Thank you... finally somebody that understands. I know why. Cause you drove in Michigan for some amount of time.

I didn't make this shit up. I know plenty of people that have moved here from all over... florida, GA, tenn, Cali. It was my buddy from Cali that said... drivers in michigan are F'in crazy.

On 696... left lane. Mofo's are doing 90+. REAL TALK. When I had a 4x4 ranger I would ride on the speed limiter at 94mph... use to piss me off like no other!! Or I'd go to pass some fuck doing 82 in the left... BAM hit taht 94 speed limiter. For those that don't know... I-696 is 40' below ground... it's Michigan's auto bon. Use to regularly do 160mph+++ on the rockets thru there... YES IN TRAFFIC!!! F'in INSANE even for michigan.

EXACTLY!!!!

Yea it was like an all out race half the time, youll basically get run over if youre ever doing less than 80 on any highway. I loved it most of the time cause thats how Im most comfortable driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 391433)
OK, so how about when traffic opens up, and there's nobody blocking you AND nobody you need to pass........You'd move over then, right?

Why bother at that point? If Im doing 85 in a 65 or something and someone flies up on me, theyre the type of person that will go to the right to pass me before I even bother. Trust me I do it to people all the time.

Homeslice 07-08-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Why bother at that point? If Im doing 85 in a 65 or something and someone flies up on me, theyre the type of person that will go to the right to pass me before I even bother. Trust me I do it to people all the time.
So why not stay right, so that they don't have to do that? It's just common courtesy. Plus it's safer when people pass on the left, not the right.

Homeslice 07-08-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 391439)
Yes...

pet peeve

when mofos get on the highway into the right lane and go straight to the left when there is NOBODY in any lane in front of them. That shit is STUPID ANNOYING!

I agree.........I can't stand left-lane squatters (hint: JoJoYZF). Quit trying to act like nobody could possibly want to go faster than you.

snobuny 07-08-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 391378)
I'm going to Michigan next week!

Where are you going and when will you be here? Bringing the bike? Let us know maybe we can hook up!

Sean 07-08-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 391415)
From your mirror, it's obvious the right lane is totally clear........So why are you still in the left lane if you're not passing someone?

And how do YOU know nobody wants to go faster than you? Can you read their minds?

Seriously, it's one of the most selfish asshole moves a driver can make.

fasternyou929 07-08-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 391441)

And I bet you completely lose your cool when some dipshit won't get out of YOUR way. Especially when moving to the right would immediately jam you into slower moving traffic. If only I had a dollar for every dipshit with that ignorant mindset on my drive to Florida and back last week...

LeeNetworX 07-08-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 391363)
Atlanta is worse. Far worse.

Scarily so.

Eff Atlanta traffic.

Then get the fuck out of my way!!!!

101lifts2 07-09-2010 12:36 AM

I kinda agree with GasMan....lived in IL, TN, MI for 7 years and now CA. MI drivers will tend to drive 80-85 in large packs and all lanes seem to do this. BUT...they do not drive as close as they do in CA nor do we in CA slow down for curves. There is this stretch on I-75 around Rochester Road when I was there last week in MI where I will do 90mph and the flow would slow down to 70. They do seem to leave larger gaps between cars vs. CA. I always snuck in between cars because in LA we know how to roll like that. Start turning when the car next to you is half way passed and you'll get in front. I know this pissed a bunch of people off too....sportin with the CA plates.

I also noticed that people don't back down in MI on the freeways as much as they do in CA. CA drivers are alot more laid back (and alot more illegal).

101lifts2 07-09-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 391472)
Seriously, it's one of the most selfish asshole moves a driver can make.

I don't see any issue driving in the left lane if nobody is behind you...unless it's a "Left Lane only to Pass" state.