Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Slappin yo problems away... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10236)

Tmall 09-03-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 261066)
Its not about being cowardly IMO, its about the possibility of losing your kid. There was a young mother arrested in Texas for being caught on security camera spanking her kid in the parking lot...so the minivan isn't necessarily a safe zone.

I believe that corporal punishment works best when it can be enacted on the spot and used while the child is in the act of naughtiness or directly afterward. Not to say that following up on a warning later on at home isn't effective, I just believe its more effective when used with accurate timing.

I will not agree with what this guy did because I wasn't there. But if this kid was throwing a big hissy fit and screaming for an extended amount of time and the mom wasn't doing anything...then yes, someone deserved to get slapped. We all see it every time we go out in public, out of control kids that are receiving no form of discipline besides, "Do you want me to bust your butt?" or "Do you want to be grounded?" Idle threats that do not in any way influence a child's behavior. And most of us wish the parents would do something, the adamant among us would like to slap the kid ourselves.

I don't have to say, "I would've beat that motherfuckers ass if it was my kid" because my kid would NEVER, EVER do that. If he's crying in the store its because he just broke his arm or stepped on a pongee stick.

This kid suffered no physical trauma besides being a little red in the face...however there is a good chance she will at least look around for crazy old white men before she throws another tantrum.

if you're talking about the lady who was punching her kid in the head in the back of her vehicle, then yes. I can see losing your kid for that.. That's not discipline, that is abuse.

Kaneman 09-03-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261075)
if you're talking about the lady who was punching her kid in the head in the back of her vehicle, then yes. I can see losing your kid for that.. That's not discipline, that is abuse.

It was a long time ago...the one I'm talking about I believe she had an open hand. Blond lady maybe?

Not specifically advocating that case anyway, just making a point that the van is not free from prying eyes. Unless its the free candy van.

Tmall 09-03-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 261083)
It was a long time ago...the one I'm talking about I believe she had an open hand. Blond lady maybe?

Not specifically advocating that case anyway, just making a point that the van is not free from prying eyes. Unless its the free candy van.

I'm also an advocate for law enforcement controlled free candy vans. Have them drive around, grab kids dumb enough to fall for it. And then they should be returned to their dumb ass parents a week later. Maybe then, they'll understand how serious free candy can be..

Dave 09-03-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261087)
I'm also an advocate for law enforcement controlled free candy vans. Have them drive around, grab kids dumb enough to fall for it. And then they should be returned to their dumb ass parents a week later. Maybe then, they'll understand how serious free candy can be..

i like it

Kaneman 09-03-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261087)

I don't think free candy vans are too much of a concern now anyway, I very rarely see kids playing outside around here.

HokieDNA01 09-03-2009 06:14 PM

Speaking of slapping...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubVYYYYWWo

azoomm 09-03-2009 08:50 PM

I just find it incredible the very people that want the world to go beat their children and even reminisce about how their neighbors and random adults in their past had full right to enforce corporal punishment are the FIRST to get freaked out by this news piece.

Pffffffftt

OneSickPsycho 09-03-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 261282)
I just find it incredible the very people that want the world to go beat their children and even reminisce about how their neighbors and random adults in their past had full right to enforce corporal punishment are the FIRST to get freaked out by this news piece.

Pffffffftt

Not me, I think it's fantastic what this guy did. Fuckin' kids need some discipline and most parents these days are too busy being their kid's best friend...

:boobs:

OneSickPsycho 09-03-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 261237)

If that's real... that's WAY awesome. Fuckin' dude who taps him on the back of his head is a fucking PROFESSIONAL and amazingly cool.

karl_1052 09-03-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 261282)

Pffffffftt

I think he should be given a medal and the mother should be beat.

Don't lump me with the rest of the liberal converts.