Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you go to bike nights in your area? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11197)

Dave 10-24-2009 05:44 AM

i go for the hardware. always nice to see rare or exotic shit when it shows up, or the random frankenstein. there was a v30 magna rat chopper a couple months back that both me and derf were drooling over

Tmall 10-24-2009 11:05 AM

There are always 20 to 30 bikes where I stop to warm up and get something to drink.

I don't do bike nights though. When you go on Thursdays there are hundreds of bikes. Ill roll through sometimes because I forget about it. But I never stop. I'm not a fan of crowds.

CasterTroy 10-24-2009 11:11 AM

The ones at the japanese bike dealers here in the triad are always squid-fests

The ones that carolina BMW/Ducati hold have some very interesting people, and Jason always has models in bikini's on a runway sporting new gear...so his are ALWAYS worth going too!!!!

Riceaholic 10-24-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 282502)
HAH!
I thought I was the only one that used that term. :lol:

:lol: Like somebody shot a roll of dimes out of the paint gun..

Fleck750 10-24-2009 04:31 PM

Being this is one of the homes of Harley manufacturing, we don't go unless we want hearing loss. :bash:

They started a sportbike night this summer near the house, since they got ran off from the last place. Found out quickly why. Seems if there is an audience, the stunters show up. Wouldn't be bad, but they damaged two of the waitresses cars and several other bikes. :eek: Since we are new in town, no one talked to us, so we didn't go back.

Tsunami 10-24-2009 05:06 PM

I used to go when i lived in nyc, but mostly because it gave us an excuse to see all our friends, since many of us worked around the area. There wasn't too many squids either, and the food was pretty good.

Here, I haven't been to any, but I'm also been antisocial lately.

karl_1052 10-25-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 282502)
HAH!
I thought I was the only one that used that term. :lol:

I told that to a local on his Bandit 12. Wierd thing was it was stock except for the bass boat paint and pipe.

He had never heard the term either, but he thought it was funny.

Rangerscott 10-25-2009 03:57 PM

I went one time. Full of people my age (half riders/half squids). Not a single hello. Fuck em.

azoomm 10-25-2009 05:29 PM

I go every now and then, just to remind myself why I don't go :lol:

Well, and to see people do fun things like snap their chain when they go over a speed-bump with a stretched swing-arm [ooooo, did I just laugh out loud?].

We do have a really REALLY excellent Euro-trash night at the best Chinese restaurant in Austin... I haven't been there in a while. :( Even though there is a herd of Ducs out front - I don't consider it a "bike night" - it's more like a family. [dysfunctional though it might be]

Scot 10-25-2009 05:50 PM

Everyone thinks I'm a narc if I show up. So, I show up just to make them jumpy.

Honestly, no. I don't. Sometimes I'll stop at the Sheetz they all meet at on fri nights if I'm in the area. I LOL at the stories they tell. Everyone has a 6 inch over swinger, slip on exhaust and run 8 second quarters.