Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Back on two! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1128)

Audiomechanic 04-23-2008 03:41 PM

2000. Bought it with just over 6000 miles on it. That's not a lot of miles for an 8 year old bike. I'm also thinkin the carbs might be dirty. Gonna run Sea Foam through a few tanks and see what that does. Based on how dirty the chain was, I'd guess that the only thing this bike ever had in the way of maintenance was an oil chane every now and then. Other than that, it just had gas put in it.

My guess anyway.

NONE_too_SOFT 04-23-2008 04:54 PM

ahahaa and i've got your leathers, bet you're regretting selling them now!

just playin.
glad to see you've got a bike again!

Audiomechanic 04-23-2008 07:09 PM

Now wouldn't I look funny with full leathers on a cruiser. :bonk:

Naw, it's cool. Lookin to get a new mesh with some back support. Being on this thing is reminding me how bad my posture is.

Audiomechanic 04-28-2008 09:00 AM

Is it odd that I am faster on this cruiser than I ever was on the SS bike? I'm taking sweepers and technical turns faster and with more confidence than I ever did on the GSXR. Interesting.

Mr Lefty 04-28-2008 05:01 PM

are you REALLY faster or do you just FEEL faster? you may be more smooth... which translates to feeling faster. :idk: how do you know your truely faster?

Audiomechanic 04-28-2008 11:26 PM

Cause I glance at the speedo. This thing seriously handles like it's on a rail. Obviously it's not a faster bike than the 1000 nor does it corner as well, but I think my ability to handle this one far excedes my ability on the 1000. I was scared of the 1000 because it was so unforgiving and technical. The Mag just let's me do whatever the hell I want to/with it and it obeys without question.

I'd love to track this thing. I know one other Mag owner that tracks his. Might have to save up and meet up with him next season. I'm broke this season as I'm saving for my wedding in October.

Mr Lefty 04-28-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomechanic (Post 37328)
Cause I glance at the speedo. This thing seriously handles like it's on a rail. Obviously it's not a faster bike than the 1000 nor does it corner as well, but I think my ability to handle this one far excedes my ability on the 1000. I was scared of the 1000 because it was so unforgiving and technical. The Mag just let's me do whatever the hell I want to/with it and it obeys without question.

I'd love to track this thing. I know one other Mag owner that tracks his. Might have to save up and meet up with him next season. I'm broke this season as I'm saving for my wedding in October.

I think you just answered your question

Audiomechanic 04-28-2008 11:50 PM

Yup. I'm a genius like that. :D

Mr Lefty 04-28-2008 11:55 PM

:lol: