Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ever notice while night riding? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12727)

There is no substitute for good lighting at night...it makes riding and driving so much more pleasurable, and relaxed. Anything with marginal lighting is a chore to drive. I live where there's a shitload of deer. Lame lighting is downright stressful.

marko138 01-15-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 320223)
For standard lights, the 1125R is really good as well

Where as the Firebolt stock lighting is awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 320266)
There is no substitute for good lighting at night...it makes riding and driving so much more pleasurable, and relaxed. Anything with marginal lighting is a chore to drive. I live where there's a shitload of deer. Lame lighting is downright stressful.

You're not kidding. Riding at night with the stock lights was very stressful and completely not fun. Before they recalled my lights it was down right dangerous to ride over about 25mph or so.

Cutty72 01-16-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 320259)
Definitely not bad.
I'd still prefer to swap in HID's, but haven't really wanted to spend the money or effort on it just yet.

Mine are waiting in a box at home for me to get there and install them.

Adeptus_Minor 01-16-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 320406)
Mine are waiting in a box at home for me to get there and install them.

Are you replacing just the low beams or the high beams too?

Cutty72 01-17-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 320502)
Are you replacing just the low beams or the high beams too?

Just the lows.

I figure 2 HID's is more than most bikes have anyway... should be plenty bright. Plus that way I can still wire up the brights as wigwags for when/if I get a fire call.

neebelung 01-17-2010 08:55 AM

If you get HIDs, prepare to always lead the rides at night, cus NO one will want that glare in their mirrors. I can't stand having Chris ride behind me ever since he got his HIDs...

Cutty72 01-17-2010 09:03 AM

I always lead anyway! :lol:

tached1000rr 01-17-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 320683)
If you get HIDs, prepare to always lead the rides at night, cus NO one will want that glare in their mirrors. I can't stand having Chris ride behind me ever since he got his HIDs...

good point but I usually lead when riding with the local group so it should be okay for the most part

OreoGaborio 01-17-2010 12:45 PM

1 - I have no problem riding in front of anyone w/ HID's as long as they have properly aimed headlights. And I haven't had anyone complain about my HID either.

2 - With nicely sorted suspension, brake dive & throttle squat is minimized so that the angle of your lights don't change as much... it'll also help your bike handle better :)

Mr Lefty 01-17-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 320683)

just ask the Chi, Katherine, Fatburg, and Trip about my HID's on the ZZR... (though trip had HID's on his RR)

shit's like day light