Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone here prefer a quiet bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14181)

marko138 04-09-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 359655)
After close to a decade with the SSR2 on the ZX-11. I'm definitely in the quiet camp. Don't like loud bikes at all.
No plans on changing the stock exhaust on the CBR.

I had the same system on my GSXR. Loud as hell.

I like louder than stock but not obnoxious. There's a guy who's always at the bar around the corner from my house. He'll leave at all hours of the night an fire up his damn Harley. That thing is so fucking loud. I wanna throw rocks at him when he goes by the house. You can hear him for miles after he's gone. Dick.

Cruzergirl 04-09-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 359672)
U must like to hear yourself think.

This is why I like my loud (to me) bike! :lol:

Tmall 04-09-2010 09:37 AM

I actually just quieted mine down. Took the muffler off, installed all new clamps and sealed the joints with silicon. It's almost as loud, but much less noisy.

If Buell starts selling the factory race pipe again I plan on installing one as it's quieter than my Drummer SS.

the chi 04-09-2010 09:41 AM

I prefer the quiet. I just recently replaced my stock exhaust and Im still not used to all the racket.

marko138 04-09-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 359769)
I actually just quieted mine down. Took the muffler off, installed all new clamps and sealed the joints with silicon. It's almost as loud, but much less noisy.

If Buell starts selling the factory race pipe again I plan on installing one as it's quieter than my Drummer SS.

You got any pics of yours? I've got the original Drummer. I'd like to see the SS on your rig.

jtemple 04-09-2010 10:08 AM

I think I'm going to leave my next bike's exhaust stock. On my 10, I have a spare OEM exhaust just sitting in a box in the basement. So, if I want to go back, it's a piece of cake. My current setup (A&R baffles) isn't horribly loud though.

z06boy 04-09-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 359626)
i hate stock non loud. But I no longer like stupid loud.

Same here...although my Z06 is loud and my R1 is kind of loud. The R6 is quiet though. :lol:

I wish they were like my boat...it has Captains Choice exhaust and I can make it loud or quiet at the flip of a switch. :rockwoot:

No I'm not planning to add cut outs to the car or bikes. :lol:

Adeptus_Minor 04-09-2010 10:19 AM

I like the stealth benefit and less-annoying-to-neighbors factor of the OEM muffler, but I plan to switch mine out for an aftermarket with a quiet core this year.
It's a V-twin... it needs a more authoritative voice.

marko138 04-09-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 359862)
I like the stealth benefit and less-annoying-to-neighbors factor of the OEM muffler, but I plan to switch mine out for an aftermarket with a quiet core this year.
It's a V-twin... it needs a more authoritative voice.

Instead of the sewing machine it sounds like now. There's a guy who goes by my house every day with a 1125. I dont know what he's got on it but I can hear him coming from a mile away.

KSGregman 04-09-2010 10:21 AM

I have Vance and Hines Big Shot exhaust on the 109-R....not obnoxiously loud...but a pleasing (to me) THUMP.....I love them. "Quiet" V-Twins just don't work....they gotta have some bark.