Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14595)

Rider 05-06-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 369966)
You don't have freedom of speech in the classroom and you shouldn't. It's not about making political statements or whatever the fuck you want to do. It's about education. If there is a distraction from that, it should be gone.

It's only a distraction if people get butt hurt about it. If no one paid any attention it wouldn't be a problem.

Trip 05-06-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 369967)
It's only a distraction if people get butt hurt about it. If no one paid any attention it wouldn't be a problem.

We don't know the full story behind this, sounds like there is more to this than we have been told though. Two of the kids were wearing flag bandanas on their heads. A head covering bandana is against that school's dress code. I am inclined to think the kids were causing a distraction.

Papa_Complex 05-06-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369958)
Newsflash dude, you don't have to be white to be american. Ask Obama.

OK, let's not open up THAT kettle of fish :lol:

Apoc 05-06-2010 03:05 PM

Un-fucking-believable... The principle should be fired, and ever american, natural or immigrant, should be completely outraged. Im not even American, and im fucking outraged.

Too bad none of the kids had the balls to tell the principle to take the shirt off them by force.

Cutty72 05-06-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 369966)
You don't have freedom of speech in the classroom and you shouldn't. It's not about making political statements or whatever the fuck you want to do. It's about education. If there is a distraction from that, it should be gone.

Hot women fully clothed distract me. They should all be forced to be nude in the classroom.

Smittie61984 05-06-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 369967)

We're talking high school. Everything is a distraction, especially when it comes to clothing. Maybe because my parents weren't rich and I couldn't afford Hollister, Abercrombie, or even Jincos to look cool, I've always been cool with a school uniform idea.

Papa_Complex 05-06-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 369968)
We don't know the full story behind this, sounds like there is more to this than we have been told though. Two of the kids were wearing flag bandanas on their heads. A head covering bandana is against that school's dress code. I am inclined to think the kids were causing a distraction.

Reminds me of all that "war against Christmas" bullshit; do something provocative and then point to how your "rights" have been infringed upon, when you get called on it.

azoomm 05-06-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369961)
Cinco de Mayo celebrates their victory over France......It has nothing to do with Mexico vs. USA. So again, if they feel "threatened" by the American flag, that's their problem. You can't prove that someone showing the flag was trying to incite Latino students. Can the principal read their minds?

Asking college students in my classes today - only 3 students out of about 50 actually knew that.

Sad.

Now, if they had French flags on... THAT would have been an insult.

pdog 05-06-2010 06:21 PM

Every kid should have the right to be a douchebag. It's in the Constitution.

TommyHotWheel 05-06-2010 06:35 PM

If they made the kids change their shirts then they should have made the kids celebrating and recognizing a holiday that is not American to shut up and disperse also...right? If one cant...none should be able to.