Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   France: Youths Riot in Streets over Retirement Age (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16870)

Amorok 10-24-2010 04:42 PM

I plan on workin when I'm in my 60s, of course I'll be on my third job with two pensions doing what I want to do.

pauldun170 10-25-2010 07:41 AM

side note...
My sister, who is going through her MBA program came over and talked about how the retirement age is going to be upped to 77.
I asked her where she heard that and she said "she thinks" it was in her textbook.
I recommended she double check before taking her next exam and if she needed help with any legal or regulatory stuff to give me a call.

summary....
The youth are precious, ignorant little things....

derf 10-25-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorok (Post 419681)
I plan on workin when I'm in my 60s, of course I'll be on my third job with two pensions doing what I want to do.

Im with you, I think I might go after a state job after this, maybe teaching

Hydrant 10-25-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 419800)
side note...
My sister, who is going through her MBA program came over and talked about how the retirement age is going to be upped to 77.

The way things are going, she probably isn't to far off.

Smittie61984 10-25-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 419388)
Those dumbasses should try working in the private sector.....They'd probably work longer hours and STILL get no pension.

They would but McDonalds doesn't like to take chances.

I don't know why the French youth are rioting about retirement. Shouldn't the first thing they riot about be about getting employed? Though I'm sure France's labor protection laws have helped that out greatly. Why hire some unknown 22 year old who hasn't worked a day in their life and you can't fire them if they suck when you can hire a 30 year old who has experience and is shown to be a dependable worker?

Papa_Complex 10-26-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 420015)

I don't know why the French youth are rioting about retirement. Shouldn't the first thing they riot about be about getting employed? Though I'm sure France's labor protection laws have helped that out greatly. Why hire some unknown 22 year old who hasn't worked a day in their life and you can't fire them if they suck when you can hire a 30 year old who has experience and is shown to be a dependable worker?

Riots in France are traditional. They don't need to have a real reason. Hell, they would tear the place down if there was a Jerry Lewis retrospective, and they didn't include "The Nutty Professor."

goof2 10-26-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 420015)

Getting employment is one of the reasons French youths are rioting. They say making older people work two more years before they can collect their government retirement benefits forces more people to remain in an already overloaded workforce. The youth say this will further contract the number of already scarce job opportunities available to them. With France's onerous laws governing employment that you mentioned the youth may be right.

Papa_Complex 10-26-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 420129)
Getting employment is one of the reasons French youths are rioting. They say making older people work two more years before they can collect their government retirement benefits forces more people to remain in an already overloaded workforce. The youth say this will further contract the number of already scarce job opportunities available to them. With France's onerous laws governing employment that you mentioned the youth may be right.

If they hadn't filled their slums with immigrants who are willing to work for dirt, and do the jobs that those youth are "too good to do", then they might have less trouble finding jobs.

tommymac 10-26-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 420137)
If they hadn't filled their slums with immigrants who are willing to work for dirt, and do the jobs that those youth are "too good to do", then they might have less trouble finding jobs.

Sounds like another country we all know :lol:

goof2 10-26-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 420148)
Sounds like another country we all know :lol:

To the point that those who oppose it are branded as racists there too.