Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Waving as you pass another rider? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21483)

tommymac 06-27-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 514920)
There are dozens of threads about waving on every motorcycle forum and usually people complain about those that don't. I've noticed something though especially with cruisers.
Most cruiser riders wear black jackets with black gloves. I usually initiate the wave (due to my obvious superiority) and those that appear not to wave are usually just raising a couple of fingers from their grip. Black fingers against a black background going 50+mph is hard to see from the other side of the highway.
I've rarely ever had anyone not wave if I waved first. I have noticed a lot of younger riders and just a few older riders look at me like they think something is wrong ahead or think something is in the road and I'm pointing at it but, most get it.
Next time you wave, look at the hand to see if they finger-waved (the good kind) or ignored you. I think a lot more wave than is realized but for whatever reason they don't want to take their hand off the bar.

What about the guy we passed on the blue ridge. I dont think he was giving us the good wave :lol:

Turbo Ghost 06-27-2012 04:52 PM

It looked like more of a seizure actually! Of course, "I" didn't pass him!

Homeslice 06-27-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 514917)
I try not to. Don't care if anybody likes it. I'm on the same page as Sean. "Wow, we both have motorcycles..."

Exactly. Do car drivers wave at each other?

Anyways, I mostly just nod these days. Taking my hand off the bar is too much work. :lol: Besides, you can see me nod just as well as you could see me wave, so what's the difference.

njchopper87 06-27-2012 08:40 PM

I don't initiate waves anymore, but I'll respond in kind if someone else does. Unless the sun is burning my eyes out like today and I couldn't see the 'wave' until it was too late. Sorry biker dude I pass on the highway on the way to/from work every day!

Gas Man 06-29-2012 03:00 AM

I wave cause I'm outwardly gay and want to make sure you know I like to dike out with chicks and I'm happy about it...

hold on wait...

um...

I hate all of you.

Turbo Ghost 06-29-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 515069)
I wave cause I'm outwardly gay I hate all of you.

Sounds like you really like some a bit more than others! Derf perhaps! He's a spinner ya know!

azoomm 06-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 515071)
Sounds like you really like some a bit more than others! Derf perhaps! He's a spinner ya know!

That is a mental image that nobody needed to have.

Gas Man 06-29-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 515079)
That is a mental image that nobody needed to have.

:rofl:

I'm sorry but I nearly fell out of my office chair....

askmrjesus 06-29-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 515071)

Derf, the human dradle.

JC

Porkchop 06-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 514967)
Exactly. Do car drivers wave at each other?

Technically yes, Jeep drivers do. Its part of being in the "club". Its about the camaraderie. Same with the bikes.

I dont see what the big deal is. Just be friendly and wave.... :idk: