Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The CEO Rookie Weekend Report (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7826)

t-homo 04-30-2009 11:52 AM

Fuckin hilarious picture. Great job man. Congrats.

ceo012384 04-30-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 205886)
That is a great pic! :dvrofl:

Congrats on phenomenal first weekend. :dthumb:

What revs are you launching at? As backward as it may sound, I find it easier to keep the front end down at higher revs than lower.

Basically I think I am not getting the clutch engaged hard enough quick enough.... and then after that, I'm letting the clutch out too quickly so the bike bogs. With this bike you really need to rev the piss out of it to launch it correctly... when the 2 board comes out I'm settting my rpms around 14k.

Also I think once I start letting the clutch out I need to give it more gas as the rpms drop to to clutch disengagement...

Anyways... gonna work on it.

edit: after that incident my issue isn't keeping the front wheel down, it's more of not launching hard enough.

shmike 04-30-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 205932)
Basically I think I am not getting the clutch engaged hard enough quick enough.... and then after that, I'm letting the clutch out too quickly so the bike bogs. With this bike you really need to rev the piss out of it to launch it correctly... when the 2 board comes out I'm settting my rpms around 14k.

Also I think once I start letting the clutch out I need to give it more gas as the rpms drop to to clutch disengagement...

Anyways... gonna work on it.

edit: after that incident my issue isn't keeping the front wheel down, it's more of not launching hard enough.

Good luck with it.

The best advice I can give is to keep the revs way up and modulate with the clutch.

Once the clutch is fully disengaged, you should be able to be at WOT without worry of a wheelie. (Say that 5 times fast.)

Amber Lamps 04-30-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 205884)

:as: .......Just kidding!

OreoGaborio 04-30-2009 04:36 PM

Chris, if ya want some help just lemme know & I'll see if I can come out there with ya on hot pit or something. I'm no pro, but I did get some pretty incredible launches that surprised even myself this past weekend.

... but of course words can only do so much for ya, you really just gotta get out there & do it. When you go out for practice, pull over, practice a start, pit-out onto the track, go around, pit right back in & repeat.

marko138 04-30-2009 05:40 PM

Good report, man. Good luck.

Mr Lefty 04-30-2009 08:51 PM

damn bro... good job!

tached1000rr 04-30-2009 08:59 PM

congrats

Dnyce 04-30-2009 09:19 PM

that pic was hilarious.

you might go thru a clutch trying to figure it out, but if you can find a track thats not crowded so you can make alotta runs in one day, you'll have that launch perfected buddy.

only advice i can say is dont be scared of it, alil wheelspin, or pullin the wheel up 2-4inches is much better than bogging the motor down

Antwanny 05-01-2009 01:57 AM

whats it like trying to race with shit in your leathers after every start? BTW that pic is too great and is not my backround consider yourself on my wall of shame