Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My new gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8425)

Amber Lamps 06-02-2009 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 219418)
tig, when did the 'new' model come out? Has to have been really recent....

smx-r

I realize that they aren't SMX-Plus boots so that may be where we're divergent but they are a "newer" model of the SMX line.

Amber Lamps 06-02-2009 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the SMX-5

z06boy 06-02-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 219413)
Yea the new MODEL SMX boots don't squeak...

They gave us that lube to put on them...I have no clue where that went. You ever notice that they stop when they are hot? I just came in from riding and they weren't squeaking at all.:lol:

I thought it was just my ears from the race baffles in the exhaust...I guess they don't squeak as much if at all when they are hot. :lol:

Amber Lamps 06-02-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 219486)
I thought it was just my ears from the race baffles in the exhaust...I guess they don't squeak as much if at all when they are hot. :lol:

HAHAHAHA! Believe it or not, they stop squeaking if it's really hot. It's about 85-90 outside and I did a few "hot laps" and I walked up the stairs to my apt and noticed there wasn't any squeak!:lol: Here's the funny part, now I've been sitting in the AC and guess what? SQUEAKING!!!!:lol:

z06boy 06-02-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 219491)
HAHAHAHA! Believe it or not, they stop squeaking if it's really hot. It's about 85-90 outside and I did a few "hot laps" and I walked up the stairs to my apt and noticed there wasn't any squeak!:lol: Here's the funny part, now I've been sitting in the AC and guess what? SQUEAKING!!!!:lol:

:lol: :lol:

JoJoYZF 06-02-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb (Post 219310)
if she was trying to be like you wouldnn't she need a bike that has an undiagnosed problem preventing it from running:scratch:

This is true, I meant gear wise though. I could be wearing similar gear to hers, this way Id be extra safe in the garage working on my bike.

skiergirl 06-02-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 219481)
smx-r

I realize that they aren't SMX-Plus boots so that may be where we're divergent but they are a "newer" model of the SMX line.

Oh I wasn't implying you were wrong but I was like damn it figures I only bought my 4 months ago.... and there's already a better version out...

they are different though and I would have stuck with the plus style with the metal shank since they are mainly for the track and I'd guess that would hold up better....who knows.

Amber Lamps 06-02-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 219589)
Oh I wasn't implying you were wrong but I was like damn it figures I only bought my 4 months ago.... and there's already a better version out...

they are different though and I would have stuck with the plus style with the metal shank since they are mainly for the track and I'd guess that would hold up better....who knows.

FWIW I have two pairs of the plus boots, one pair of the old SMX-3s, a pair of Icons and a pair of Joe Rockets....I pick the sqeakers every time!:rockwoot:

marko138 06-03-2009 07:55 AM

My A* squeek like a bitch too. I put a piece of electrical tape under the ankle armour and it quieted them down a little.

Antwanny 06-03-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 219237)
Nice, I love my A-star boots but they squeak like crazy. How are those? what model?

mines dont smx-5 comfortable as all hell and no squeky boots for me