Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do YOU detail your bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18876)

JoshuaTree 04-14-2011 10:39 PM

1) Simple Green
2) Clean, soft cotton cloth
3) "Elbow Grease"
4) Spoke/Rim brush
5) Echo PB250 to Dry
6) Plexus for all painted and decorative plastic surfaces, except the instrument cluster

Homeslice 04-14-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 463930)
Blue Book has nothing to do with why I keep it clean. I do it for pride. I like everything I own to fucking look nice. And, on an aside, I maintain my shit too.

That's cool, I'm basically just commenting about all the for sale threads where someone posts "Yeah I've seen this bike, and I can vouch for it......It's spotless"..........I'm like, so? :lol

Trip 04-14-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 463930)
Blue Book has nothing to do with why I keep it clean. I do it for pride. I like everything I own to fucking look nice. And, on an aside, I maintain my shit too.

Yes, but a lot of people don't have clean bikes for the pride as well.

A well worked bike is a mark of pride among some circles and a "too" clean bike with a bright and shiny rider is an easy way to not get taken seriously by a lot of well versed riders. I don't expect many to understand, but there is a reason for that.

Clean does not mean it's well maintained either. Let's not bring that into this debate.

marko138 04-15-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 463975)
Yes, but a lot of people don't have clean bikes for the pride as well.

A well worked bike is a mark of pride among some circles and a "too" clean bike with a bright and shiny rider is an easy way to not get taken seriously by a lot of well versed riders. I don't expect many to understand, but there is a reason for that.

Clean does not mean it's well maintained either. Let's not bring that into this debate.

I get that too...but I don't live my life based on what others think. I'm looking out for number 1 at all times, son.

the chi 04-15-2011 03:54 PM

You guys are awesome, thanks for the input. If I get a spare moment I will try and go shopping for some cleaner and maybe shine her up this weekend, just in time to ride her out to Jennings to spectate and get her all dirty again. :lol:

askmrjesus 04-15-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 463956)
That's not good for the bike... honestly. Try some of the bug slide I posted about.

Yeah, there are about 2100 problems with unleashing "2200 psi of fury" on your bike.

2200 psi will blow the grease right out of your wheel bearings, swing arm pivots, head bearings and sealed chains, and get water into places it never would have gotten on it's own.

Do not want.

JC

TYEster 04-15-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 464109)
Yeah, there are about 2100 problems with unleashing "2200 psi of fury" on your bike.

2200 psi will blow the grease right out of your wheel bearings, swing arm pivots, head bearings and sealed chains, and get water into places it never would have gotten on it's own.

Do not want.

JC

You might wanna get a better bike then, because it doesn't do that to mine.

Mr Lefty 04-15-2011 06:29 PM

the only moisture the DRZ ever saw was rain... it's still got dirt on it from the day I got it I'm sure...

only part I EVER CLEANED that you can see is the chain...

askmrjesus 04-15-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 464137)
You might wanna get a better bike then, because it doesn't do that to mine.

You might want to check with anybody who makes bearings, and ask them if it's cool to shoot water at them at 2200 psi.

Here's a hint:

No, it's not. :lol:

JC

Dnyce 04-16-2011 02:10 AM

Plexus is pretty awesome, that and mothers