Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The CEO Rookie Weekend Report (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7826)

Lamnidae 05-01-2009 06:42 AM

Fuckin' Eh man!

Great job CEO! Congratz!

.... but try not to be such a douche next time, mmmmkay?

ceo012384 05-03-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 206141)
... but of course words can only do so much for ya, you really just gotta get out there & do it. When you go out for practice, pull over, practice a start, pit-out onto the track, go around, pit right back in & repeat.

Yeah I ended up doing that on the warm-up laps too. Helped a little bit for the second day but still not enough.

I just need to find a good parking lot and do it for an hour, planning to do it sometime this week before heading back up to Loudon. Hoping the weather stays clear for the races!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 206298)
that pic was hilarious.

you might go thru a clutch trying to figure it out, but if you can find a track thats not crowded so you can make alotta runs in one day, you'll have that launch perfected buddy.

only advice i can say is dont be scared of it, alil wheelspin, or pullin the wheel up 2-4inches is much better than bogging the motor down

I'm not worried about the clutch, mine was toast so I replaced it with a full Barnett kit, both sets of plates and springs. Should be good for at least the whole season.

I think I'm just going to do a parking lot or something for starters. I think the strip requires the bike to be plated... mine's not street legal anymore.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblyopic (Post 206443)
.... but try not to be such a douche next time, mmmmkay?

will do, turd burgler.

Found another picture, looks like coming out of the bowl T6 driving towards T7...

http://www.eck-racing.com/OnTrackMed...42609c1377.jpg

Ducati Diva 05-03-2009 07:58 PM

Congrats! The pics are awsome. Good luck to you! I bet we'll be watching you on the boob tube soon :rockout:

OreoGaborio 05-03-2009 08:01 PM

Chris, ya don't need a plate to bring it to Epping. Ask Oxx.

Amber Lamps 05-03-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 207764)
Chris, ya don't need a plate to bring it to Epping. Ask Oxx.

I agree, everyone trailers to the drag strip in case of mechanical.

Dnyce 05-05-2009 03:59 AM

take that shit to the track and learn somethin homie

a parking lot will only get u so far. strip is prepped - parking lot is dusty, lacking traction, and lacking space.

was92v 05-05-2009 07:40 AM

Breathe slower, don't blink for the last 5 seconds and tell yourself to ease it out and be smooth. The frogs around you will jump and look like they are leaving you, but that only lasts for a second, then you will see them go back the other direction. When it seems slower, you will be faster and the lines between them become clearer.

marko138 05-05-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 208506)
take that shit to the track and learn somethin homie

a parking lot will only get u so far. strip is prepped - parking lot is dusty, lacking traction, and lacking space.

I'm with Dnyce on this one. Parking lot hardly seems safe...and you're going to draw attention to yourself. If the strip was good enough for Reg Pridmore, it's good enough for you.

was92v 05-05-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 208526)
I'm with Dnyce on this one. Parking lot hardly seems safe...and you're going to draw attention to yourself. If the strip was good enough for Reg Pridmore, it's good enough for you.

A drag strip is an excellent place to practice starts. It they have a Test & Tune night you can usually get a lot of runs for not much money, no cops, no worries and concentrate on what you are doing.

Amber Lamps 05-05-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by was92v (Post 208543)
A drag strip is an excellent place to practice starts. It they have a Test & Tune night you can usually get a lot of runs for not much money, no cops, no worries and concentrate on what you are doing.

Plus the lights will simulate actual race conditions.