Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Who rides dirt? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1008)

Katherine 04-14-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upshift (Post 30953)
I have been tossing around the idea of getting a dualsport recently. I think it would be cool to have one.

I see more and more of those each time I'm at the track. They look like a lot of fun. Which ones have you been looking at?

Cutty72 04-14-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 31474)
just get a snowmachine... 4x4 is useless in all that snow... and you can ride the snow machine on the mud... :lol: seen it done... works better on water though

4x4 usless in snow? You ain't riding it right bitch.
That's like sayin your Yota is usless in snow! :lol:
Worst case, buy some tracks for it.

Buddy of mine is an Arctic Cat tech, got to test some tracks and the new 1000 quad.
Said the quad with the tracks was pulling out sleds that were getting stuck in the powder!

upshift 04-14-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 31813)
I see more and more of those each time I'm at the track. They look like a lot of fun. Which ones have you been looking at?

DRZ400 and another Suzuki one I cant remember. Theyre way too expensive for me even used they're like $5000.

Mr Lefty 04-14-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 31902)
4x4 usless in snow? You ain't riding it right bitch.
That's like sayin your Yota is usless in snow! :lol:
Worst case, buy some tracks for it.

Buddy of mine is an Arctic Cat tech, got to test some tracks and the new 1000 quad.
Said the quad with the tracks was pulling out sleds that were getting stuck in the powder!

I was talking about ATV's and in the deep snow you guys have yeah... my Yota would be have a hell of a time as it doesn't have the power to plow through that shit off road... now on trail runs with snow I'm good cause we don't usually have 2-3' of standing snow.

get a snowmachine and do 80 across all that open land...

Cutty72 04-14-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 32094)
I was talking about ATV's and in the deep snow you guys have yeah... my Yota would be have a hell of a time as it doesn't have the power to plow through that shit off road... now on trail runs with snow I'm good cause we don't usually have 2-3' of standing snow.

get a snowmachine and do 80 across all that open land...

Still rather have a 4 wheeler...

Trust me, it's crazy what you can do with them.
I've seen a sport quad (450R suzuki) with skis and duals on the back out run a 600 sled.

Mr Lefty 04-14-2008 06:33 PM

I like ATV's... just in your area I'd rather have a sled... in CO I think I'm gonna get a dirt bike... and maybe a ATV if I can swing it...

Captain Morgan 04-14-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 32150)
I like ATV's... just in your area I'd rather have a sled... in CO I think I'm gonna get a dirt bike... and maybe a ATV if I can swing it...

I'd go with the ATV and spend the extra money on skis and tracks. Have a blast in the summer on 4 wheels and have a blast in the winter with a "sled" all while spending less than the cost of buying each.

Cutty72 04-14-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 32232)
I'd go with the ATV and spend the extra money on skis and tracks. Have a blast in the summer on 4 wheels and have a blast in the winter with a "sled" all while spending less than the cost of buying each.

Well... tracks get kinda spendy... but I do agree!

Quick281 04-16-2008 01:00 AM

After discovering how much fun street bikes are, I am now looking into getting a used dirt bike after the summer is over. I figure GA is a good place to own one, and back country dirt trails have to be just as much fun if not more fun then street riding. Can't compare it to a track yet, but I am sure I will love that just as much.

OneSickPsycho 04-16-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upshift (Post 32070)
DRZ400 and another Suzuki one I cant remember. Theyre way too expensive for me even used they're like $5000.

There's a guy on another forum selling a DRZ400 super moto for $3100... It's an '05.