Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Tale of Four Tail Bags! HELP! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7465)

zed 04-16-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 198321)
Zed, thats actually a pretty clever thing to do. I know if I'd had something like that it wouldve saved me scratches and lots of time strapping!

thanks. the shop I was working at when I made it had a bunch of old school racks in storage. didn't take long to make either.

Amber Lamps 04-16-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 198321)
Zed, thats actually a pretty clever thing to do. I know if I'd had something like that it wouldve saved me scratches and lots of time strapping!

Yep,I'm kinda sorry I didn't buy a trunk now! I have two other seat cowls so it's no problem for me to make something. I'd hate to lose the shipping but I still may get the EMGO piece and send the Fieldsheer back. With the hard case, weather is not a problem anymore. Hmmm...

rogue 04-16-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 198407)
Yep,I'm kinda sorry I didn't buy a trunk now! I have two other seat cowls so it's no problem for me to make something. I'd hate to lose the shipping but I still may get the EMGO piece and send the Fieldsheer back. With the hard case, weather is not a problem anymore. Hmmm...

Does this mean you've decided not to trailer the bike? You're buying luggage....

Amber Lamps 04-16-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue (Post 198459)
Does this mean you've decided not to trailer the bike? You're buying luggage....

Yea... I don't feel like putting a hitch on my POS car so... Trust me I'm gonna be hauling as much ass as possible, that's for sure!

Phenix_Rider 04-16-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynne (Post 198197)
here's my input: NO matter what bag you end up with - use clips and NOT BUNGEES to attach it. Bungees will fail and getting a tail bag between your swingarm and rear tire at 120mph is a life changing experience.

I just found that the bungees on my tailbag wore right through the clear and basecoat, and into the plastic on my tail. :td: Add that to three days in a row of nice weather when I have cords showing in the rear tire, and I'm not happy right now.

rogue 04-16-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 198465)
Yea... I don't feel like putting a hitch on my POS car so... Trust me I'm gonna be hauling as much ass as possible, that's for sure!

Me too! Almost 600 miles! :panic: I thought I had the route and leave time planned. Then I realized I had Amorok and me hitting ATL too close to rush hour for my liking. :panic: So now I have us leaving alot earlier...he's not liking it. :lol:

I'm REALLY not looking forward to riding all those miles in one day. Noone better laugh when I'm finally able to crawl off the bike, damnit! :lmao:

BTW, do you know where I can get a nice size bungee net? :D The last one I got here barely stretched over my rear seat and couldn't hold shit!

Amber Lamps 04-16-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue (Post 198479)
Me too! Almost 600 miles! :panic: I thought I had the route and leave time planned. Then I realized I had Amorok and me hitting ATL too close to rush hour for my liking. :panic: So now I have us leaving alot earlier...he's not liking it. :lol:

I'm REALLY not looking forward to riding all those miles in one day. Noone better laugh when I'm finally able to crawl off the bike, damnit! :lmao:

BTW, do you know where I can get a nice size bungee net? :D The last one I got here barely stretched over my rear seat and couldn't hold shit!

Bike Bandit for $2.99

rogue 04-16-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 198494)
Bike Bandit for $2.99

It's not that really small bungee net is it? That thing won't hold shit on my bike.

Amber Lamps 04-16-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue (Post 198499)
It's not that really small bungee net is it? That thing won't hold shit on my bike.

Fuck, I don't know biatch! get your ass to a dealership and buy a God damn net! :lol: I honestly don't know what size it is, if you want a really big net, go to Walmart and get one. They have really big ones!

rogue 04-16-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 198504)
Fuck, I don't know biatch! get your ass to a dealership and buy a God damn net! :lol: I honestly don't know what size it is, if you want a really big net, go to Walmart and get one. They have really big ones!

I don't go to the stealerships around here. The couple of bike stores here only have the small cargo nets and they aren't worth a damn :rolleyes:

I thought you'd know a little something about the nets since you seem to be Mr. Know It All with gear and most other bike accessories! redflip