Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Netflix cancellation (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20067)

Gas Man 09-05-2011 12:31 PM

WTF is this starz junk? something with netflix?

Trip 09-05-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488399)
WTF is this starz junk? something with netflix?

Netflix had a contract with Starz, the same Starz that is available on Cable and Satellite. The Starz movie channels. It's pretty much the only way Netflix gets newer movies.

Which pretty much makes Netflix useless since you can get their other streaming options (since it's not exclusive options) from other companies for cheaper and more perks like Amazon Prime.

Gas Man 09-05-2011 12:57 PM

So it's nothing I am getting with my starz subsciption with cable... it's with netflix.

Trip 09-05-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488410)
So it's nothing I am getting with my starz subsciption with cable... it's with netflix.

yeah, it only effects netflix. All the movies you get on starz had been available on netflix through them.

Mr Lefty 09-05-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 488402)
Netflix had a contract with Starz, the same Starz that is available on Cable and Satellite. The Starz movie channels. It's pretty much the only way Netflix gets newer movies.

Which pretty much makes Netflix useless since you can get their other streaming options (since it's not exclusive options) from other companies for cheaper and more perks like Amazon Prime.

looking at Amazon Prime, you have to purchase episodes though... like Sons Of Anarchy... 1.99 an episode

Trip 09-05-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 488423)
looking at Amazon Prime, you have to purchase episodes though... like Sons Of Anarchy... 1.99 an episode

not of everything, they will get more selection of free as it goes along. Netflix just has appeared to stall and they are going to fall behind if they don't spend. Unfortunately if they spend, they have to fuck us customers. The industry is just not real friendly to streaming yet and Netflix can't seem to afford to get the licensing it needs to sustain itself. You by yourself isn't going to support Netflix. They need films.

LeeNetworX 09-05-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 488402)

I can stream movies for free online and over my phone/iPad from HBO and Cinemax. I can also watch episodes online of just about every show I would be interested in watching for free. NetFlix is definitely losing any appeal it had left.

Trip 09-05-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 488430)
I can stream movies for free online and over my phone/iPad from HBO and Cinemax. I can also watch episodes online of just about every show I would be interested in watching for free. NetFlix is definitely losing any appeal it had left.

Yeah, I wish it wouldn't, but not much they can do from a licensing stand point.

Sixxxxer 09-05-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 488433)
Yeah, I wish it wouldn't, but not much they can do from a licensing stand point.

Well they could buck up and fight to keep the Starz deal and hey heres a thought ADD some new content?

There more worried about making money than making there customers happy.

I have the streaming but have canceled it a few times...I catch myself not watching it as often as i used to...the HBO Go app is kickass...but redbox is super close to me as well so if I want a "newer" movie I'll go there (even though redbox doesnt carry all the production companies bc of contract issues as well)

Trip 09-05-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 488469)
Well they could buck up and fight to keep the Starz deal and hey heres a thought ADD some new content?

There more worried about making money than making there customers happy.

I have the streaming but have canceled it a few times...I catch myself not watching it as often as i used to...the HBO Go app is kickass...but redbox is super close to me as well so if I want a "newer" movie I'll go there (even though redbox doesnt carry all the production companies bc of contract issues as well)

Well that all costs money and the only way they can afford it is if they drive up subscription fees, which got tons of subscribers all pissed off and ready to leave the first time they did it.