Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alpinestars size 60 WTF? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13948)

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 353926)
Strange, my tag says 48/58..

Both of my A* jackets say 58/48....:idk:

goof2 03-26-2010 08:30 PM

It may be a recent change but those are the sizes they are claiming now and Rider's experience seems to confirm it.

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 353937)
It may be a recent change but those are the sizes they are claiming now and Rider's experience seems to confirm it.

true...maybe it's because they moved their operations and manufacturing facilities out of Italy...

TYEster 03-26-2010 09:42 PM

I wear a size 60 suit and it's TIGHT in the chest/shoulders/arms. My actual upper torso measurement is 49in "unflexed".

The sleeves I did have to get altered so that they weren't covering my hands, but that seemed to be a simple fix at a legit alterations place.

jtemple 03-26-2010 10:14 PM

Alpinestars leathers don't fit me right either. If I buy the suit large enough to fit my chest & shoulders, it's sagging around my waist. I'm talking about a good 4"-6" of room. I have to buy Joe Rocket stuff because it fits me better.

Homeslice 03-26-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 353976)
Alpinestars leathers don't fit me right either. If I buy the suit large enough to fit my chest & shoulders, it's sagging around my waist. I'm talking about a good 4"-6" of room. I have to buy Joe Rocket stuff because it fits me better.

RS Taichi is another brand that should fit you. They are more "V-shaped".

Teknic is the opposite.......Baggy stomachs. :td:

Mr Lefty 03-27-2010 01:43 AM

my A* jacket was a 56 I believe... can't remember though... it fit perfectly... A* stuff seems to be built for the tall and lanky... good for me :lol:

Tsunami 03-27-2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 354009)
my A* jacket was a 56 I believe... can't remember though... it fit perfectly... A* stuff seems to be built for the tall and lanky... good for me :lol:

Is your suit painted on too? I don't like the baggy butt look on the leathers most people seem to sport.

Mr Lefty 03-27-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 354014)
Is your suit painted on too? I don't like the baggy butt look on the leathers most people seem to sport.

the "saggy butt" is because of the way leathers are meant to be worn... ie in the tucked racing position. in that position... they're tight and form fitting... when you stand up... there's excess material that makes it look like you just shit yourself.

my did sag in the ass... I don't have much of an ass to begin with :lol:

Tsunami 03-27-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 354017)
the "saggy butt" is because of the way leathers are meant to be worn... ie in the tucked racing position. in that position... they're tight and form fitting... when you stand up... there's excess material that makes it look like you just shit yourself.

my did sag in the ass... I don't have much of an ass to begin with :lol:

i don't have excess material but then again i can barely breathe in my leathers :lol: hmm maybe i need looser ones then, I wouldn't want to turn blue and pass out on the bike.