Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Somebody link me knowledge... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1584)

marko138 11-08-2008 02:52 PM

DLIT, here's some knowledge links:

www.gofuckyourself.com

Carolina 11-08-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 89694)

www.gofuckyourself.com

ohh shittt I laughed my ass off good one

:zowned:

ceo012384 11-08-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

www.gofuckyourself.com

Here's another good link for you Derek. Seriously:

Beginner's Riding Tips

DLIT 11-09-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 89787)
Here's another good link for you Derek. Seriously:

Beginner's Riding Tips

It's good to see people retaining new phrases these days. Keep spreading it. I called some stuck up broad a chunt the other day. I was hammered drunk and I thought it was clever because my buddy's last name is hunt. I just threw the c before it. Chunt.

Quote:

www.gofuckyourself.com

I hate your face.

Carolina 11-09-2008 08:26 AM

ohhh shit that was nice good link ceo

marko138 11-09-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 90147)
It's good to see people retaining new phrases these days. Keep spreading it. I called some stuck up broad a chunt the other day. I was hammered drunk and I thought it was clever because my buddy's last name is hunt. I just threw the c before it. Chunt.

I hate your face.

As you should.

OreoGaborio 11-10-2008 11:21 AM

Well I'M on my phose so I didn't read every post.... But I didn't see the part where she took the msf course... Get her in there already, sounds like she could benefit from it... Comes w a free manual plus seat time and it's a lot smarter than riding around on the street where, from what you've said, she evidently doesn't belong just yet.

My girlfriend went through the same last yea and even w MSF under her belt she still needed much more parking lot time before she felt REMOTELY comfortable on the street..... So get her in the MSF course... Reading does not equate to seat time and 1 on 1 instruction with a trained instructor.

Particle Man 11-10-2008 12:17 PM

would you be against books?

I'd recommend "A Twist of the Wrist" (all versions) by Keith Code...

Ducati Diva 11-10-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 91542)
would you be against books?

I'd recommend "A Twist of the Wrist" (all versions) by Keith Code...

I am a self professed book geek but I have to agree with taking the class and then doing some parking lot time before hitting the street. I read so many books (all with great info) before starting to ride. When I got in the class I was like ohh that's what they were talking about. The books help but there's no substitute for practice, and lots of it, in a save environment.

OreoGaborio 11-10-2008 03:45 PM

Books like TOTW etc that are being suggested are already beyond where she's at right now... that's like handing a second grader a calculus book.... they might be able to read it & absorb some of the material, but they won't be able to put it to much use.

However... If I'm gonna suggest a book, I'll throw a title out there that hasn't even hit the book shelves yet...

Riding In the Zone by Ken Condon. It's a Book and DVD combo that'll be going for about 20 bucks on Amazon. You can pre-order now.

http://ridinginthezone.com/index.html

Quote:

Author: Ken Condon

Riding motorcycles is fun but Ken Condon maintains there is a state of being beyond the simple pleasure of rolling down the road; this book was written to help riders find that state of being. It’s the experience of being physically and mentally present in the moment, where every sense is sharply attuned to the ride. Your mind becomes silent to the chatter of daily life and everyday problems seem to dissolve; you feel a deeper appreciation for life. Your body responds to this state of being with precise, fluid movements; you feel in balance, your muscles are relaxed, and it seems as though every input you make is an expression of mastery.

With more than three decades of motorcycling under his belt, Ken Condon has had many opportunities to experience the Zone—while road racing, dirt biking, and even commuting in heavy traffic. He recognizes that the ability to ride in the Zone goes hand in hand with mastering basic motorcycling skills and achieving mental and emotional control.

Condon’s experience as a teacher shows in the careful organization of the book. He has identified all the factors that affect entering the Zone and addresses each one individually, from the development of awareness and mental skills to mastering physical control of the motorcycle. At the end of each chapter are drills designed to transform the book’s ideas and concepts into solid riding skills. A companion DVD is included with the book to demonstrate each concept and technique and help the reader apply each lesson to street riding.