Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Austin, 1098 rider, Mohawk on helmet.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5749)

PhiSig1071 02-20-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 164663)
:lol: actually... I don't know that it's illegal to strap a shotgun to your helemt... it's not concealed... so not like you have to have a special permit. kinda like a gun rack :lol:

Depends on if you live in an open carry state. FL is not an open carry state (as far as I know) so I can't walk around with my Sigma on my hip, kind of a bummer.

:lol: There was a case in Texas (which is an open carry state, what a shock) where a woman failed to properly conceal her "concealed" weapon and was taken to court for it. Her punishment? She could no longer conceal her weapon until she re-took the CCW and then had to carry it around openly displayed.

:lol

Adeptus_Minor 02-21-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 168648)
:lol: There was a case in Texas (which is an open carry state, what a shock) where a woman failed to properly conceal her "concealed" weapon and was taken to court for it. Her punishment? She could no longer conceal her weapon until she re-took the CCW and then had to carry it around openly displayed.

:lol

Who told you that crap?
Texas is one of the very few states which specifically forbids open carry. You can carry concealed if you have the permit or not at all.

Archren 02-21-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 168901)
Who told you that crap?
Texas is one of the very few states which specifically forbids open carry. You can carry concealed if you have the permit or not at all.

Yup. Though apparently you can have a locked and loaded gun in your car now, though. I wasn't aware of that particular change in TX law until someone told me about it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to verify it.

Adeptus_Minor 02-21-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 168943)
Yup. Though apparently you can have a locked and loaded gun in your car now, though. I wasn't aware of that particular change in TX law until someone told me about it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to verify it.

To my knowledge, that is correct.
I still carry mine unloaded when traveling to the range and back.
(well, on the way back is a no-brainer, I've probably burned all the ammo I took with me. :lol:)

PhiSig1071 02-22-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 168901)
Who told you that crap?

I must have the state wrong. The story was absolutely hilarious and true.

azoomm 02-22-2009 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, we're talking about this guy... right??

xx CURVE xx 02-23-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 169470)
Hey, we're talking about this guy... right??

Yup thats the dude...and thats my girl on the R6 to his right :D

azoomm 02-23-2009 10:00 AM

I got their just as they were leaving - or I would have more information for you. Sorry man. My daughter was the photo ninja :lol:

xx CURVE xx 02-23-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 169683)
I got their just as they were leaving - or I would have more information for you. Sorry man. My daughter was the photo ninja :lol:

:lol: tell daughter i said she's a great spy... :dthumb:

And next time send her for girls number for me :D :lol:

azoomm 02-23-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx (Post 169686)
:lol: tell daughter i said she's a great spy... :dthumb:

And next time send her for girls number for me :D :lol:

:lol: Sorry man, you've got to go get your own game...