Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   cleaning your visor (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6605)

Yamerhaw 03-29-2009 12:53 AM

warm water and dish detergent

rogue 03-29-2009 01:02 AM

I've never had one or two splatter that bad at once, but my helmet's looked similar but with a few more bodies...or body parts still stuck to it. :lol:
What the hell hit you? :scratch:

Are those Icon TMax gloves? If so, how do you like them? :D

NONE_too_SOFT 03-29-2009 01:31 AM

windex.

spit.

water.

whatever. As far as the chromatic lens' go, they're hit or miss. some people have never had them chip/fade and others have had em go bad in a week... and i haven't heard any single definitive way to prevent it.

the things getting hit with pebbles and bugs at 80mph, i dont think my washcloth/shirt/sock is going to really hurt anything.

Amber Lamps 03-29-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 187277)
I've never had one or two splatter that bad at once, but my helmet's looked similar but with a few more bodies...or body parts still stuck to it. :lol:

I have both short and long TiMax gloves and I love them! My shorts and I have been down twice without any immediately visable damage to the gloves and zero damage to my hands.

fatburg 03-29-2009 09:43 AM

best method guarentee: wet a paper towell and place it on the visor nice and smooth, come back in 15 min, remove towell, wipe with a soft rag. nice and shiney, no chemicals, no damage. i do the same for my windscreen

zed 03-29-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 187277)

I have no idea what it was, looked like a black tennis ball till it splatted.

yes, they are TMax gloves. I really like them but, the right glove after worn for a bit makes about half my fingers numb. I have worn a pair of the shorties that were great, no pressure points.

Amber Lamps 03-29-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 187358)
I have no idea what it was, looked like a black tennis ball till it splatted.

yes, they are TMax gloves. I really like them but, the right glove after worn for a bit makes about half my fingers numb. I have worn a pair of the shorties that were great, no pressure points.

Yea Icon has had some sizing issues for sure. Luckily,I got my shorties from an Icon stocking dealer and he had a bunch of pairs in stock. The TiMax were especially terrible for irregularities. Supposedly,they fixed all that with the TiMax II gloves but they're fugly!

Mr Lefty 03-29-2009 12:38 PM

Tigger have you EVER paid retail for anything? :lol:

rogue 03-29-2009 02:35 PM

I don't know about Tigger, but I have NEVER paid for any of my gear retail. I've bought new and used. My latest aquisition is a pair of Frank Thomas Agua boots for $28. :D Someone bought them and they didn't fit them right so they sold them. Their loss. My gain. :D

http://i2.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/37/cc/be6f_1.JPG

I had a pair of the Icon Hooligan gloves a couple of years ago. That's why I asked about the TiMax's. I tried every trick people told me to help break them in, but I eventually gave them away because the padding in the palms were so thick I couldn't feel shit and it made it hard for me the levers. I had thought about getting a pair of TiMax's but was hesitant...afraid I'd have the same issue.

zed 03-29-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 187366)
Yea Icon has had some sizing issues for sure. Luckily,I got my shorties from an Icon stocking dealer and he had a bunch of pairs in stock. The TiMax were especially terrible for irregularities. Supposedly,they fixed all that with the TiMax II gloves but they're fugly!

yeah, I don't like the looks of the other TiMax gloves either. the originals are my favorite. I have found a place that still sells them but they still want original price for them. :(