Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do YOU detail your bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18876)

tommymac 04-16-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 464181)
Plexus is pretty awesome, that and mothers

I use the plexus and have a can of s100 that I actualy got for free a while back. seems to do a good job for cleaning.

I dont wash the bike to often but do keep up on the chain esp with riding it on and off the jobsites with all th emud and concrete crap.

Other than that I will use wd40 to clean the chain goop and brake dust off the rims

MILK 04-16-2011 08:57 AM

The last time my bike was washed was last May. My buddy Doug washed her for me in a car wash on our way to the annual VFRD meet at the Gap. :lol: Flat black looks the same no matter what..

I live on a dirt road so washing is pointless anyway. My car gets washed weekly and you can never tell! :(. If I want to clean the chain on the bike I take the stuff with me and do it while out otherwise it's a dirt magnet.

TYEster 04-18-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 464519)
With a friggin pressure washer!

Apparently you're "not" supposed to do that...

Particle Man 04-18-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 464519)
With a friggin pressure washer!

Before or after blowing the piston of said pressure washer all over the driveway...?

askmrjesus 04-18-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 464533)
Apparently you're "not" supposed to do that...

I admire a man with True Grit, and you have it.

You pushed it through the seals on your forks, and all the bearings and bushings you could find, at 80 McBillion miles an hour.

So, there it is, reading Rust Monthly's Swimsuit Edition, thinking to itself, "Man these tapered rollers are kinda cute. Maybe I'll just wedge myself up there some..."

The ironic side of all this, is that when grit decides to have sex with your bearings, there's no lube, because you blew it all out when you blew the grit in.

In my experience, this means someone is going to cry.

JC

TYEster 04-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 464557)

You pushed it through the seals on your forks, and all the bearings and bushings you could find, at 80 McBillion miles an hour.

So, there it is, reading Rust Monthly's Swimsuit Edition, thinking to itself, "Man these tapered rollers are kinda cute. Maybe I'll just wedge myself up there some..."

The ironic side of all this, is that when grit decides to have sex with your bearings, there's no lube, because you blew it all out when you blew the grit in.

JC

Cool story bro.

I'll let you know when that happens.

Gas Man 04-18-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 464557)

JC

http://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-con.../true-grit.bmp

Cutty72 04-18-2011 10:26 PM

I wash mine by riding in the rain... :lol:

Other than that, just rub the bugs off the headlights/windscreen.

askmrjesus 04-19-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 464586)
Cool story bro.

I'll let you know when that happens.

That's ok.

I'm sure it won't happen to YOUR bike, on account of how it's so much better than other bikes...

Besides, everyone knows that the laws of common sense don't really apply in Texas.

JC

Tmall 04-19-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 464705)
That's ok.

I'm sure it won't happen to YOUR bike, on account of how it's so much better than other bikes...

Besides, everyone knows that the laws of common sense don't really apply in Texas.

JC

I wonder what kind of abuse a DIRT bike could take that would be comparable to getting it wet?:lol